Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Strange/Goofy Events while Hunting

2K views 12 replies 13 participants last post by  chevyguy1414 
#1 ·
Over the years, I've seen some really strange or goofy stuff while deer hunting. Perhaps some of you can relate.

One time, I watched a fellow do a #2 in the middle of a cut field. I was perhaps 100 yards away. The thing is, he was wearing a 1-piece coverall so he had to completely disrobe in order to take care of his business, including boots. So, here was this totally naked guy in the middle of the field in November. I say totally naked because he used his underwear for TP. Ugh!

On another occasion, I had a guest up to my place during gun season and he never shot a deer before. I heard a shot about 3:00PM and thought that I had better check it out before it got too dark. When I got to the general location I could see his arm swinging in somewhat violently. Getting closer, the scene looked like a Charles Manson murder, he had blood over 80% of his body.

Turns out, he shot a VERY small deer and had no idea on how to gut it. Having no knife, he proceeded to chop it open using, of all things, a hatchet. Making it worse, he chopped the entire deer IN HALF--=-not top and bottom----BUT LENGTHWISE! It was like a butterflied pork chop with just the head attached to the torso. Talk about gruesome. The wasn't much meat to save, needless to say. Plus, he's never been back.

See less See more
#4 ·
What might be funny or goofy to one guy might not be so funny for another. Years ago I simultaneously **** my pants and puked just as my friend was walking underneath my treestand. Looking back I think its hilarious, my friend on the other hand is not that amused by it at all.
Venison tacos and Altes beer are a bad mix and have been banned from deer camp since 2001.

#5 ·
Over the years, I've seen some really strange or goofy stuff while deer hunting. Perhaps some of you can relate.

One time, I watched a fellow do a #2 in the middle of a cut field. I was perhaps 100 yards away. The thing is, he was wearing a 1-piece coverall so he had to completely disrobe in order to take care of his business, including boots. So, here was this totally naked guy in the middle of the field in November. I say totally naked because he used his underwear for TP. Ugh!

On another occasion, I had a guest up to my place during gun season and he never shot a deer before. I heard a shot about 3:00PM and thought that I had better check it out before it got too dark. When I got to the general location I could see his arm swinging in somewhat violently. Getting closer, the scene looked like a Charles Manson murder, he had blood over 80% of his body.

Turns out, he shot a VERY small deer and had no idea on how to gut it. Having no knife, he proceeded to chop it open using, of all things, a hatchet. Making it worse, he chopped the entire deer IN HALF--=-not top and bottom----BUT LENGTHWISE! It was like a butterflied pork chop with just the head attached to the torso. Talk about gruesome. The wasn't much meat to save, needless to say. Plus, he's never been back.
That scene would give me nightmares for the rest of my stay at camp. :yikes:

#6 ·
I pulled a good one back in my college days. Came home for Thanksgiving and had about 6 too many at the bar the night before. Halfway to my stand later that morning, I guess I decided I was too tired to keep going so I laid down in the middle of a CRP field. I awoke a couple hours later, laying on my back in broad daylight in the middle of the field. I got up and walked the rest of the way to my stand and sat with a pounding headache for an hour or so before calling it quits. I don't think anyone saw me...they would have certainly laughed if they did.

#7 ·
Many many years ago was hunting with some friends. Wasn't a serious hunter then and was sitting with a friend. We began to,hear this loud snoring coming from across the field so when we checked it out we saw another one of our buddies passed out snoring to beat the band. We proceeded to take his game and go back across the field. When he woke up, it was hilarious watching him feel around for his gun in a half stupper. When we couldn't take it anymore we got up and showed him his gun. We all had a good laugh and still do to this day whenever we see each other

Reactions: phantom cls
#8 ·
Like the previous story, I was in college and had one to many the night before and stayed out way to late with the boys... (45 minutes of sleep) I started walking to my stand and I figured, I'm to tired, so I sat down and leaned against a tree and passed out, I'm not sure how much time passed by and to this day I can't tell you if I was dreaming or if this really happened, but I woke up and 10 feet in front of was a bobcat staring at me... I stared at it and it stared at me for a couple minutes and then it just walked off. I sat there dazed for awhile and went back to sleep for another hour. To this day it trips me out because I do t know if it really happened to me or if I was dreaming!

#10 ·
Hunting camp stories are truly the best here's my lame one but here goes At bow camp there was a chipmunk we would try to get with our 22s one day I came in at 8am because of hard rain shot the munk and propped it up on the stump with sticks at noon my cousin 6'3 and brother in law come back soaked they change clothing and I look out the window saying there's that chipmunk going for the gun rack my cousin knots me out of the way grabs his gun and out the door no boots and it's pouring he belly crawls to the cabin corner and bang the chipmunk fall over like the dude on the tricycle in laugh in I took a beating for that one smile

#11 ·
One late night at deer camp amongst drinking and playing a very lively game of euker. In thr middle of a hand I looked out the window as a opossum scurried by, just then my buddy saw it and yelled OPOSSUM! To which my other buddy yelled get the guns! Before anyone could do anything my brother jump over the table and wiped out his .45 and said I got this... and then 4 grown men proceeded to chase this pore opossum around the cabin at 2am. Now the best part is our nearest neighbor either heard us or was already up because the next day he was asking what the heck we were doing. I am guessing he did not see the .45 because he is a state trooper and had he saw it one if not all of us would have spent a night in the drunk tank. Never did get that opossum lol.

#12 ·
Wasn't hunting but fishing, on a Friday evening, had took the wife to dinner on thursday evening. Had a great dinner, can't recall what I ate, but it was very heavy with a garlic sauce. Should have tryed before leaving, but out in the middle of the lake it hit's me like a ton of bricks. I knew that time was very limited, but did make it to the shore very close to a comfort station. I ran , which made everything want to flow even faster, but did manage to make it to the comfort station only to find the park staff had locked it for the night!!! Just got the shorts off but wasn't able to drop the underware and what a mess!!! Nothing to wipe with, found out after many years what it feels like for cats and dogs, have watched my dogs drag the brown eye across the concrete patio and it makes me want to scream!! I hope who every had to clean that mess up didn't get to upset, or the animals had a feast that night!!! Havin it bust from the two openings, in the stand and showering someone below, I know someone wasn't happy, but I'm still wipin the tears away!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.