Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
41,449 Posts
In all seriousness, they should add the .35 Rem, 30/30 and 45/70 too. Then while they're at it, just combine regular firearms and ML season into one "all firearms season", since many modern ML's are lethal to ranges farther than many straight walls. Given so many hunters went out and bought these guns in the SLP, just let them use them during the December ML season dates too. There's no reason for a separate ML season anymore, anywhere in the state. For the couple 100 or maybe couple 1000 guys left who still use side lock's, they can use them in the "all firearms season" anyway.
They should also allow any centerfire rifle in any peninsula 24 hours per day 365 days per year where bTB or CWD is found or during any open deer season until that peninsula is disease free. No reason to spare any deer in any disease ridden peninsulas. Allowing these changes will help with recruitment plus will allow hunters to get afield on days other than November 15th.

· Registered
41,449 Posts
Even though I hunt very little in zone 3 I want to thank those involved with pushing the proposal forward. I would like to see WCO 3 adopted as written.

· Registered
41,449 Posts
I wonder if the Sandhill crane issue is about creating a season for them. Down south they call them "ribeye in the sky"!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We've been pushing for a season for years. We sure could use one in the EUP. They are here by the thousands in the spring and fall.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.