Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
579 Posts
I have mixed feelings here. I do agree that there are several other calibers that would be a good fit for the SLP. I am not sure that should be pushed right now. I am leaning towards just making the current law permanent, then, seeking to have it expanded. Kinda like a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.
I totally agree. Let's just worry about getting the law passed permanently for what we got, and worry about adding other calibers to it down the road.

· Registered
579 Posts
If the DNR was so quick to pass the full inclusion of xbows into the regular bow season to get more hunters out into the woods, I see no reason that they won't pass the straight wall cartridges rule fully for the exact same reason. It would make no sense if they reversed their decision on the subject, and made them illegal once again in the shotgun zone. I hunt in the southern zone, and I'm glad that they made them legal to use, seeing it gave me a reason to go out and buy a lever action 44 magnum. It's a lot more fun to hunt with, than my pump action 12 guage was. It doesn't beat me up with the recoil like the 12 guage did, plus ammo is a lot cheaper than the rifled slugs I used to buy. I love hunting with my new rifle. Like they say, safety lies between a persons ears, not on what type of weapon that they're holding.

Reactions: Trout King

· Registered
579 Posts
Is anyone on the Forum planning on attending the NRC meeting scheduled for April 13,2017?
I wish I could. I'd love to hear what they say.

· Registered
579 Posts
COOL! My Marlin 1894 44 magnum is here to stay!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.