Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Banned
37,206 Posts
I emailed my state senator, Dale Zorn, and my state rep, Jason Sheppard, today. If I get answers I will post them here. It would be a really good idea for everyone who would like to see these cartridges remain in use to contact your senators and reps. Making noise is good.

· Banned
37,206 Posts
If you get an answer and you reply, please have them consider 30-30's and the 45/70 too. Both would be acceptable in the SLP and no greater safety risk than a modern inline ML, in my opinion.
I have mixed feelings here. I do agree that there are several other calibers that would be a good fit for the SLP. I am not sure that should be pushed right now. I am leaning towards just making the current law permanent, then, seeking to have it expanded. Kinda like a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

· Banned
37,206 Posts
If you get an answer and you reply, please have them consider 30-30's and the 45/70 too. Both would be acceptable in the SLP and no greater safety risk than a modern inline ML, in my opinion.
I have mixed feelings here. I do agree that there are several other calibers that would be a good fit for the SLP. I am not sure that should be pushed right now. I am leaning towards just making the current law permanent, then, seeking to have it expanded. Kinda like a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.