Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey anyone out there have any advice or reports for the lake. Me and my cousin are thinking about heading out in the morning and would like some advice or some recent reports. Thank you

·
Registered
793 Posts
Hey anyone out there have any advice or reports for the lake. Me and my cousin are thinking about heading out in the morning and would like some advice or some recent reports. Thank you

Just fished there with my daughters 10 and 7 years old on Sunday, they killed the bluegill, and I slaughtered the Bass. Around the island west of the launch, top water is good in the morning and senkos are good later, fish the weeds. Pike roam the north side of the island and will hit anything :lol:. Another good spot is west of the damn on the south end of the lake, some nice holes there.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Been there monday for about 3 hours to practice launching and take out of my first boat; fished for about 1.5 hours and got 3 LMB( 2 of them about 3.5lb, one about 13". It's become a bit difficult to fish in the last couple years since zebra mussels cleared up the water. Look for bass in 8-15 ft of water, specificly the outside edge of weedlines; finess presentations work better than power fishing. You can't go wrong with a Senko tipe soft plastic .
There are some walleyes, channel cats, carp, small perch. I have cought crappies up to 15 inches. Unfortunately, this spring I have cought two GOBIES. I have no idea how they got in the lake; dont know what the impact will be.
I preffer the western side of the lake.
Hope it helps,
Alex

·
Registered
266 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
well went out today got on the water a little then I had wanted but did manage to get 3 good size cats, one was a channel and the other two were bullhead i believe i dont know my cats really well but aslo got about 6 dink perch and 9 real nice crappie, had to call it a day early due to lack of bait but hopefully back out in the morning

1 - 5 of 5 Posts