Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My neighbor had his 5 day old Gander Mountain Ground Blind stolen just east of Capac. We set it up for him Sat. and it was gone Wed. It was never even hunted out of. It was on private property that we have never had any problems on before. Its one of the new nice ones with like 15 windows with shoot through mesh. If any of you guys are asked about buying one in this area or if someone you know just got one without the carrying case or a receipt please PM me, we just want it back without the law being involved. There are kids in the area that ride quads around and they must have come across it. I know this is a very slim chance but my neighbor saved up to buy this $150.00 blind for a while and never got to hunt out of it, he has a fear of heights so we cant get him in a tree. Any info will be helpful.:rant::rant::rant::rant::rant::rant:

Thanks

·
Registered
125 Posts
Was there any type of wind? I thought mine was stolen also.. but found it half way up a tree about 150 or so feet away. I anchored it in with all nine or so anchors.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Was there any type of wind? I thought mine was stolen also.. but found it half way up a tree about 150 or so feet away. I anchored it in with all nine or so anchors.
:yeahthat:

It's happened to the best of us! :lol: But the one "my friend" had stolen was about 200 yards away, stuck in a fence!

·
Registered
8,290 Posts
I agree with everyone else, check around first really good. I found mine stuck in a tree as well several hundred yards from where I place it.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, we checked all over the place with no luck. It was out there Monday night after the wind storm and gone yesterday, so it must have been taken Tuesday, which it wasnt windy after Monday. Oh well, Ill look again next time I head out.

·
Registered
5,053 Posts
Yeah, we checked all over the place with no luck. It was out there Monday night after the wind storm and gone yesterday, so it must have been taken Tuesday, which it wasnt windy after Monday. Oh well, Ill look again next time I head out.
I really hope you do find it! I know how much investment we all put in hunting gear - if somebody stole it they are SLOBS!

Mine unfortunately went missing during a very harsh storm. I found in a long ways away. Tragically, it had landed on my wife's sister and all of us that gathered around could only see her ruby red slippers sticking out...Uh...I hope my wife doesn't read this! :yikes:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I really hope you do find it! I know how much investment we all put in hunting gear - if somebody stole it they are SLOBS!

Mine unfortunately went missing during a very harsh storm. I found in a long ways away. Tragically, it had landed on my wife's sister and all of us that gathered around could only see her ruby red slippers sticking out...Uh...I hope my wife doesn't read this! :yikes:
:lol: You got one of them ruby red slipper wearing inlaws to huh:help:

·
Registered
715 Posts
How far east of Capac are you I hunt Norman Rd by Owen and there is a group that ride qauds all over the area I know what house they live in just dont remeber the name of the road they almost t boned me running a stop sign

1 - 11 of 11 Posts