Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had my 8 yo moultrie camera stolen at island lake rec area. What kind of clown steals a garbage camera like that?

·
Registered
5,202 Posts
Had my 8 yo moultrie camera stolen at island lake rec area. What kind of clown steals a garbage camera like that?
lol a not so picky one :D but welcome to the rip off club and hopefuly it fails on the theif the first time he uses it.

·
Registered
19,189 Posts
I would check at the local Historical Museum.

Damn, has that camera been in use for all 8 of those years ? The Moultrie I bought in '07(7 seasons) and the 2 in '08 still take good pictures. Probably a couple thousand photos per year from each camera.

L & O

·
Registered
54 Posts
I had two stolen this year as well as a stand and climbing sticks.my moultree was my favorite.primos truth 35 was the other.moultree in columbiaville and primos in millington.sucks.the so called hunters
Posted via Mobile Device

·
Registered
2,033 Posts
You would think that some of these camera companies would put some type of coded locking system on their cameras. Something where you have to enter a pin to unlock the camera and be able to set it up.

·
Registered
147 Posts
The new moultries are PIN locked. I dont kow if there is a way to bypass it if stolen but i like that they have it.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,512 Posts
Hope you find it, there are too many stories of cans and stands being stolen, never any success stories.

·
Registered
1,601 Posts
you guys got some POS in your areas, I have pictures of other hunters looking right at my cams on state land and no problems.

There is a thread in the whitetail deer hunting section about stopping trespassing, seems like some guys were either thinking or stating that some game cameras have GPS inside of them now, not sure how it would work but it would be cool, I would stop locking up my cams if they have GPS tracking on them.

I would got to the website I registered my cam at, type in my code and see where my cam is set at, go out to the GPS coordinates and take it back, maybe leave a note to let the guy know what I thought of him and his mother, guys love when you talk bad about their mothers. I am sure some members would love to sit and wait for the thief but I got stuff to do.

·
Registered
179 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It sucks because that was my public land camera, slow trigger time, lcd screen barely worked & ate batterys, but I'm still pissed. we need to figure out how to rig die packs in them or mabe a computer virus in the sd card.

·
Registered
250 Posts
HEY PEOPLE, just assume that a lot of people in the woods (including outdoorsmen) are complete trash and will and have been stealing sh!$ for years!!!! Don't leave it out there !

1 - 12 of 12 Posts