Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Sterling Sunday Afternoon.

981 views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Hi Ho Silver_Joe 
Hi Ho Silver_Joe said:
Went out of Sterling State Park about 3:00 pm on Sunday. The wind was howling out of the NE at 15-20 knots. Wave were 2-4 when I said; Okay, lets go fishing! One of the newbies looked sick before the boat was off the trailer. We plowed strait east until we hit 20 FOW then we turned south with the waves and set lines. 2 down rods, 2 mini discs and 2 lead core off the in-lines. Mini disc 70 back pulling a standard puke was the first to go. The port planer took the next fish on 2 colors of lead. Both down rods took 1 fish each. Lead core took the most fish. Spoons were the ticket for the day. My riders were starting to turn the prettiest shade of green about the same time the waves built to 3-5 footers. After 1 hour we called it. Ended up with 7 eyes 20 - 23 inches. Another 1/2 hour and we would have had our limit but we left because I'm a softie and can't stand to see a grown man in the fetal position.:rolleyes: Hopefully next weekend will be more accommodating to my green horns. :lol:

Hi ho silver,

good report are you saying 2 colors of lead before or after you put on the board?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.