Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone hunting turkey in Stephenson or around there? I was wondering if the snow is gone and if any birds have been active I will be hunting there for the opener of turkey.

Thanks

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,133 Posts
This is the first year in many that I wont be hunting the Stephenson/Wallace area. I usually hit the middle season though. Going to try the southern county birds this year.

I know that the bird population is good there this year. Have a call in now to some friends to find out about the current conditions. I've heard it will be another record year for the ticks ! :mad:

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh ! Did I say turkey hunting? I ment TICK hunting LOL I havent hunted turkey there for about 8 years due to the ticks but I needed a excuse to go up and work on camp. I guess I will bathe in deet 1000000 and hope for the best. Where abouts do you hunt? I hunt pleaseant view dairy farm on Meintz rd just off G-12.

·
IZ Kamakawiwo'ole lives!
5,133 Posts
I usually hunt on CR 346, and off Pinewoods Loop. We hunted the camp (cant remember the name of it) with the big mural painted on the side of it (old barn) one year too.

My best luck came near a farm just north of the Shakey Lakes motel. I've already done the "Lyme's thing" so you can keep the ticks ! LOL

·
Premium Member
8,061 Posts
Get some permanone tick repellent spray. Treat you hunting clothes before you leave home. This stuff does a pretty good job of keeping the ticks off. I usually spray the pant legs again every other day to make sure it doesn't get washed off by the dew.

·
Registered
959 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks multibeard any thing to keep those nasty things off of us is worht trying. I had 15turkeys in the back yard today, and I am traveling 7 hr to hunt them????? in tick country!! ya buts its not the same as being in the great U.P.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts