Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for suggestions on where to go on my first Steelhead trip. I will be shore fishing or perhaps wading if the water is not to deep and or fast. I have a flie rod for about 6-8 years now and it has been used about 4 times for bluegills. I would like to go out and use it, or a spinning rod, either way. I want to at least have a shot at some fish. I live between My Pleasant and big Rapids, any suggestions on where to go and what to take would be a great help. never caught em before, and never tasted them, so I only hope for the best. Thanks

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
From where you live you can hit the Grand, Muskegon, Pere Marquette, Manistee they're all good. I like to wade. Fly rods are great for steelhead, but if you don't have at least an 8 weight rod I'd use spinning tackle or they'll take you down to you backing and end up just making you angry! The water will be fast early in spring, but on shore you'll be fishing shoulder to shoulder most places , personal preferance there. Good Luck!

·
Banned
146 Posts
Hey,
Wanna catch some fish head on over to Tippy Dam. The steelhead are going good but I would suggest spinng tackle. A noodle rod spun with some 8 lb. works great. Spawn, flies, or wax worms are working great. Now is the time to get there.
Any questions let me know..
Brad

1 - 4 of 4 Posts