Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What do all you other die-hard steelheaders do in the off season? I personally am chasing the state record Flathead Catfish.:rolleyes: (I can dream can't I!?!)

What about you guys(and gals)?

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Starting Saturday AM, trolling for walleye in Muskegon Lake.

Also, hitting white balls with a stick. And maintaining my waistline up by hydrating myself with carbonated beverages on a regular basis. If I lose weight then I will have to buy new pants:evil:

·
Registered
7,486 Posts
Atlantics, walleye, trout, salmon, some bass and pike fishing.......scouting for whitetails and hunting.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Im not a diehard but I too also chase the state record flathead. Got a couple of twenty pounders last year. I think I would need to triple that though for the state record. Do alot of smallmouth fishing also.
Undertow

·
Registered
11,449 Posts
Walleye, carp, panfish, small/largemouths, pike, salmon, lakers, anything that swims, but mostly small-stream trout.
I love to salmon/trout fish in the big lakes and would like to try the night-time walleye fishing thing sometime at Muskegon Lk. I am currently boat-less, but I have gas money!

·
Registered
181 Posts
Yes indeed, anything that want's to bite. Mostly become a bluegill guide for my kids. I tell myself every year that I'll spend more time scouting for deer insted of fishing, but every year the fishies call and I can't resist.
-FF

·
Registered
348 Posts
In years past I've tournament fished on lake michigan. However, a guy on our team that has a boat is getting transferred to Florida. (anyone want to by a 28ft grady white w/ all the gear? its really pimped out!)

I guess I'll be working on the house this summer...take care of things so I can hit it hard in the fall.

·
Registered
4,150 Posts
Floating rivers on a warm spring day, catching trout and watching the wildlife are un-beatable. Nothing is better than cold fried chicken, my mothers potato salad and a cold drink after a morning of fishing.

Then there are the days when the big bluegills come out to play. Red winged black birds singing, the many other sounds of spring and the smell of bedding bluegills on a small secluded lake is tough to beat as well.

Then of course back trolling on a secret bar for walleye is great too, especially about the time a shore lunch of walleye filets, fried potatoes with a little onion is just finishing cooking.

Of course the thrill of fishing in the middle of a school of feeding silver bass is a lot of fun too, especially if you are fishing with a youngster or two.

Then again how can you beat fishing for smallmouth bass in the 3 lb. and up category fishing a rocky shoal when everything seems to work.

And then there are............................................... Well you get the idea.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.