Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
468 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i always hear about guide boats slamming steel in the lower river this time of year while everyone else is up top catching boots.i be in a buddies new jet sled all week and looking to give it a go and hopefully learn some new water for the winter.so my question is has anyone been doing any good on steel this early?i seem to get the odd one here and there but have never targeted them this early
Thanks guys

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
A friend of mine has caught several in Northwest. He’s been targeting them a couple weeks, mixed success on beads. I’m liking the 10 day outlook, should be solid numbers by end of next cold front.
Good luck!

·
Registered
13,506 Posts
Someone caught a beautiful fresh 23.5# Steelhead at Tippy Dam, a couple WEEKS ago. They are in rivers now. And in any rivers that have good numbers of spawning Salmon, they are suckers for fresh Spawn. I'm just sayin..............

I love pulling at boat at the end of the day, at this time of year, and having someone ask, "how did you do?" We say, "we got xx Steelhead," and they look at us funny, and almost always ask, "but how many Kings did you get?" To which we reply, "none, cuz we weren't fishing for them." I just get a kick out of the puzzled looks. I can fish around spawning Kings for a week, and catch lots of Steelhead, and never hook a King.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Had a good sunday chasing chrome solo. Knew where some hot beds were before this rain, and fished some runs behind them. Went 2/5 with two big males, both over 10lbs. They were fisty. I actually have never targeted chrome this earlier, but was kind of over king fishing, so I gave it a shot. Glad I did. Going to be hard to convince myself to get in the stand after this weekend.

·
Premium Member
2,306 Posts
Had a good sunday chasing chrome solo. Knew where some hot beds were before this rain, and fished some runs behind them. Went 2/5 with two big males, both over 10lbs. They were fisty. I actually have never targeted chrome this earlier, but was kind of over king fishing, so I gave it a shot. Glad I did. Going to be hard to convince myself to get in the stand after this weekend.
float,fish,hunt, been doing it all my life,,,,,,,,,,,,,n trap

1 - 6 of 6 Posts