Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here is one of the steelhead I caught on Saturday on the Big Man. Granted the picture was taken into some big time glare but It was one of the better pictures taken with my stupid camera!!!
Steve could you leave me the HTML tag to resize my pictures so they don't turn out so large?

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Great fish, I cant help but notice it looks like you had the whole place to yourselves! On a beautiful day yet. You bum! Just kidding. Great picture, the glare adds a nice effect, I think!

------------------
Phish

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Wow what a beautiful fish. What that by the Tippy? You can't resize the pictures when you post them here. They must be sized before you upload them to wherever you are having them hosted at.

·
Registered
386 Posts
Weezer, what are you using to place your photos on your web page. A kodak photo CD, or are you scanning from print's and then moving them to you page?

By the size of the "DPI" on your photo,and the "Bytes" of space it takes, it looks to me like you could easily solve your problem by Scanning to a lower resolution. 72 or 75 DPI is more than enough for a web photo.
You can also then reduce your image size just prior to saving as a .jpg file.

------------------
Mike

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
Dude, when I saw your picture I just had to post this one. Does this place look familiar? I got this one on new years eve 99. After all the hype about Y2K, I figured the safest place to be was on the Big Manistee. As it turned out, it was the best place to be! I got 4 fish that day. Talk about a great new years party, they just dont get any better than that! Party on Weeze!

------------------
Phish

[This message has been edited by Erik (edited 03-11-2000).]

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
Wow, another beautiful fish. Wish I could catch em like that. And I agree, being out on the manistee was probably the safest place to be. Weezer did you catch the tips on picture size? Scanning at a lower dpi is definitely one way. You don't need that high of quality to look ok on the web.

·
Registered
1,540 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Eric I havta say we caught these fish In the same spot :) This is the buck that I caught the Sunday prior 3/4/00? The water is a lot higher than in January!!! I didn't get a tape or scale on this buck before releasing Him. What do you say 11 pounds or so?

·
Administrator
35,733 Posts
WEEZER, do you have somebody else with you to snap those pictures or are you using a tripod with auto snap? Are you going next weekend? I might be there.

·
Registered
3,321 Posts
We call em hawg dadies around here! Nice male, and yes the river does look alot higher in your picture. I wonder how much its gone down since? My buddies are trying to get me to come up this next weekend, but I don't know if I'm hip. I think I'd rather go to the AuSable. I know the fish are bigger over on the Big Man but dealing with the crowds can be a real hassle! At any rate I'm sure I'll be fishing somewhere next weekend. Maybe I'll see you! Until then leave a few fish for me!

------------------
Phish

1 - 9 of 9 Posts