Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
579 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a stealth cam V550 last X-mas without, I hate to admit, doing much research on the camera. Well, it appears that I am in the same boat as many with the poor battery life in the 6 c cells. 30 pics and low battery light is on. It does take a nice pic, however.

My question is should I send this thing back to stealth and go a different route or try the 12volt hookup that can be used? Just wondering if anyone here has tried the 12 volt and how it worked. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I would go the 12 volt route

I have 2 stealths both I390. An older model than what you have. They take 8 D batteries. (12 volts) I set them out on June 21 and I haven't seen a low battery light yet. They both have taken over 600 pictures during that time. I also have heard Stealth has low battery life (after I bought mine) so maybe I just got 2 good ones. But I am happy with mine.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I purchases a StealthCam I550 about 2 months ago and experienced horrible battery life, 180 pics on a set of batteries. I called StealthCam to see what was wrong and they told me that this is what I should expect out of the camera. They told me that I should "expect to replace the batteries every one or two weeks." I have a Cuddeback that has gone all season on the same set without any problems.

Take the price of the StealthCam and add $50 for the 12 volt battery pack, and you have yourself a Capture! The Capture is rated at 2000 pics on a set of batteries!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts