Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Do you support Statewide Antler Point Restrictions?

• Yes

Votes: 277 67.7%
  • No

Votes: 132 32.3%
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
12,721 Posts
I said no on this one because the antler development between the souther part of the state and the northern are much different. So I do not see how state wide APR would work in the SLP as to how they would work in the NLP or UP. IMO the goal of APR's is to help advance the age structure, and in the SLP the normal APR's would still allow for alot of 1.5 y/o bucks to be killed. I witness many 1.5 y/o bucks who sport 6 to 8 points in their first year of growing antlers.

·
Banned
12,721 Posts
Just incase any one of important reads this why not just a one buck rule state wide?
This way hunters can shoot what they want, but just one.
I ask every hunter I converse with after they shoot a "small" buck, if they only had one tag to put on a buck if they would of shot this one, all say no.

·
Banned
12,721 Posts
Because everyone knows that a true sportsman could never simply take pleasure and deep satisfaction from the totality of the hunting experience, if the end result fails to score at least 120". You can tell from this guys expression that he is one of those miserable low lifes that has no regard for the resource, due to his clear refusal to "let em' go, so they can grow." Clearly he was unhappy with the quality of his hunting experience. :p

Not much else out there hunting in Michigan:lol: Joking

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.