Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Banned
1,291 Posts
I think the courts have ruled that subsistence living changes with the times. Boats, motors, 4 wheelers, snowmobiles are necessary for subsistence living today. Hell, the treaty had a provision for trap netting rather than gill netting. The governments bought the nets, reconfigured the boats and taught the Natives how to use the nets.
If they are "subsistence living" then no going to meijer or McDonald's. They live off paychecks from us. Then get to spear fish that weren't there when there ancestors made the treaty. I saw subsistence living in Alaska. The natives are the worst ones on resource. Kill 20 caribou and kill 500 salmon eat a quarter of it amd feed rest to the dogs. Because it's there right. I'm sick of people living off the rights of long dead ancestors. In all walks.

· Banned
1,291 Posts
I’m positive you have never read the consent decree or the courts interpretation. No one here is surprised at that, it does have words with more than one syllable. Based on your spelling maybe your mommy could read it too you.
I'm positive I've been to way more great lakes meetings and been involved in them more than you. Funny how stuck up guys go to people's spelling when all else fails. Shows your color's!

· Banned
1,291 Posts
You seemed to have implied that you learned a good deal by having conversations with tribe members, which shed light on information the general public isn't privy to. The consent decree and federal court's opinion on the matter is public information, so the information you're eluding to won't be found there. What's the side of the equation that you've been informed of as it relates to the tribes position others aren't aware of?

I'm guessing there are many folks who'd look at things through a different lens with the knowledge of the information you've obtained through discussions with tribal members or those closely connected.
He has none. Just likes to talk.

· Banned
1,291 Posts
If you want first hand tribal opinions why wouldn’t you take the time to get it directly from tribal members? It’s the biggest tribal gathering of the year. I gave you another option, call the tribal biologists. Very simple solution with first hand answers to questions. It doesn’t get easier than that. Nothing will be lost in translation.
Maybe you could just answer. If you actually had one. How many discussions have you sat in on about the great lakes? How many sit downs with officials? How many nrc meetings? Please enlighten me on how uneducated me and many individuals in this post are on what's going on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts