Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was thinking about heading out from state park on quads this weekend. Any word on the ice out that way? would like to get out about 1-1/12 mile out if possible

·
Registered
1,059 Posts
Went out there this morning 3/4 mile 8 fow dont waste your time cutting a hole anywhere between shore and the .50 mark theres double ice. ice thins out at .55 to 8-9 inches . seen a few machines ne of me about a mile or so from shore . Its kinda scary with the fresh snow because all looks the same , there slowwly creeping outward by the weekend Im sure there will be groups out farther. theres a trail developing out the launch at state park Id stay on it and check thickness out farther. Caught a ton of small walleye nothing legal and a few nice perch.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
hey thanks alot for the report will be out there this weekend

Ben

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Went out there this morning 3/4 mile 8 fow dont waste your time cutting a hole anywhere between shore and the .50 mark theres double ice. ice thins out at .55 to 8-9 inches . seen a few machines ne of me about a mile or so from shore . Its kinda scary with the fresh snow because all looks the same , there slowwly creeping outward by the weekend Im sure there will be groups out farther. theres a trail developing out the launch at state park Id stay on it and check thickness out farther. Caught a ton of small walleye nothing legal and a few nice perch.
the two machines you seen n.e. of you was me.
we did not have any luck either.
we worked our way out and to the east, the closer we got toward the sag. river the thinner the ice got.
straight out from the trailer park the ice measured 7 inches. every place west of there measured 10 inches.
there was one crack we crossed that was about 1 foot wide, we did not even notice it until after we crossed it, because it was drifted over.
tomorrow will be our next trip out.

·
Premium Member
29,758 Posts
Nice to see ice blew back in and holding up. Will be out next week sometime after the laker outing this weekend. Will get ahold of you Ray. Thanks for report on conditions guys, I like that area, but to the west;)

·
Banned
788 Posts
Would love to get out to the laker outing however saturday is all work for me. We will be heading to state park probably sunday to give things a try and at the very least getting out of the house without going to work will be nice. Also just purchased a fl-18 so we shall see how that goes. Good luck to all and be safe

1 - 8 of 8 Posts