Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent my season with southern Ohio with no success in getting a whitetail. I'm looking for some were close within hour drive of Wayne county, MI that is Ohio state land. Does anyone e know of a area. I cant afford to go down to southern Ohio again this season.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Why not save the extra money it takes to get the outta state tags ,and hunt Michigan? I cant imagine theirs much a difference in deer quality between MICHIGAN AND OHIO until you get to central or southern ohio.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I do hunt Michigan all seasons. I just go to southern Ohio for gun and muzzleloader deer camp. Its a 4 hour drive and didn't fill my tag. I got archery equipment and was going to try to hunt close by home to extend my season.

·
Registered
230 Posts
Look for a lease on the mi side by the boarder. You should be able to find a nice farm with good deer and turkey for a couple grand (yes, I know that hurts to hear - cost of hunting these days)

·
Registered
139 Posts
I do hunt Michigan all seasons. I just go to southern Ohio for gun and muzzleloader deer camp. Its a 4 hour drive and didn't fill my tag. I got archery equipment and was going to try to hunt close by home to extend my season.
What county in S. Ohio did you hunt ? Just curious is all .....
I previously lived in Southern Ohio for 30+ years.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts