Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

The date and time are wrong this happened around the 19th he was looking at my stand in pic(which he stole) i also notice the bow in his hand. After he got stand he tried to get cam but it was locked on and he couldnt get it. Dont ya just love a worthless theif.

Scott http://www.members.aol.com/scottamaynard/pic1

·
Banned
11,839 Posts
Do you know who he is and did you report it?

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope dont know who he is and no i didnt report it i figure he's a local walking with the bow in his hand. I would rather catch him on my own(if ya know what i mean). Figure the watch with black band and a bald head hes mine.

·
Banned
409 Posts
:yeahthat:

you both broke the law your stand cannot be out till Sept 1. That is of corse besides the point and does not make what this slime ball did right. Unless he is an off duty CO, im sure thats a stretch but he does got the shaved head look going, waiting for you to come in and ticket you. So I guess reporting him might get you in hot water too, the fine might be more than the stand. Maybe catching him yourself is the best way but good luck with that. Me personaly if it happened to me after sept 1 of corse would be run a nice add in the paper picture and all, and maybe a small rewrd if anyone could identify him.

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Maybe I am misreading what happened here but I thought stands could not be put on state land until Sept 1. If that's the case maybe he was out scouting and saw someone had an illegal stand set up and took it. Not that it makes him right.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
From reading thread's on this website in the past, a lot of the member's here seem to think that it is ok and justifiable to take someone else's stand if it is left up to long or placed before Sept. 1st. Personnally I think that it is just an excuse to steal...

·
Registered
52 Posts
I get at least 2 stands stolen every year, in highland and or pontiac lake state rec. Last year went out in the after noon and picked up my cam came back in the morn and 2 of my stands were gone ....glad I got my cam out of there.:rant:

·
Registered
177 Posts
People like this would steal even if it was after the first of sept.Almost every bow hunter I know has had at least one stand stolen.It drives me crazy to listen to people try to justify why this thief stole the stand.(Oh you should of put it out in two weeks)What a joke. I personally would like to catch some idiot in the act of stealing my stand.I would probably be headed to jail.:rant:

·
Registered
591 Posts
it might have or might not have if it was in his house and not in the woods he would still have it today.... don't break the law... if today was sept 2nd i would say dang that sucks but its not... it was out there before sept 2nd..... is it right hell no! should that guy be beat down yes... but maybe if u had not put it out u would still have it

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
No one's saying the person who stole it isn't a scumbag. But I wouldn't expect to get a lot of sympathy in a sportsman forum for having your treestand that was illegally hung stolen from you.

People like this would steal even if it was after the first of sept.Almost every bow hunter I know has had at least one stand stolen.It drives me crazy to listen to people try to justify why this thief stole the stand.(Oh you should of put it out in two weeks)What a joke. I personally would like to catch some idiot in the act of stealing my stand.I would probably be headed to jail.:rant:

·
Registered
164 Posts
even with the stand in the woods before it supposed to be why is he walking through the woods with a bow over his shoulder you can clearly see that its a recurve

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
I doubt he's hunting...how many people do you know who hunt with blue jeans and a white tee shirt and no camo or cover whatsoever?

even with the stand in the woods before it supposed to be why is he walking through the woods with a bow over his shoulder you can clearly see that its a recurve

·
Registered
177 Posts
So if I see someone speeding down the highway tonight is it ok for me to steal their car? The problem is its a never ending cycle.One guy gets his stand stolen guess what he is probably thinking about the next stand he comes acrossed.The part that reallly ticks me off is you know the person that stole your stand is a fellow hunter.

·
Registered
164 Posts
no i dont think a fellow hunter would steal your stand they might leave you a note or contact the CO and let them take care of it the right way. but to steal someone stand even if it is out of season is wrong. take care of it the right way and contact the local CO. this guy must not care to much for anything or the CO or he wouldnt be walking the woods with a bow.

·
Registered
11,114 Posts
Not one person in this thread has said its OK to steal someone's stand.

So if I see someone speeding down the highway tonight is it ok for me to steal their car? The problem is its a never ending cycle.One guy gets his stand stolen guess what he is probably thinking about the next stand he comes acrossed.The part that reallly ticks me off is you know the person that stole your stand is a fellow hunter.

·
Registered
4,023 Posts
No one's saying the person who stole it isn't a scumbag. But I wouldn't expect to get a lot of sympathy in a sportsman forum for having your treestand that was illegally hung stolen from you.

:yeahthat:

I sure don't condone taking stands. I also don't condone other violations such as why your stand is out before it can legally be placed or what the deer are attracted to in front of your camera? While I won't accuse, the ground sure looks torn up there. Is this why you haven't reported it and are instead looking for street justice?

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.