Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an older 40 horse Evinrude Lark VIII that is in dire need of a starter &/or pull starter...... The boat has'nt been in the water for about a month now, and I'm having withdrawls!!!!! Please HELP!!!!:rolleyes:

Pull Starter

Electric Starter

Either/or will get me on the water,,,,, but I would prefer both!!!!

(BTW, thanks to wild bill, as i copied and cropped these pics from his sea king post!!!
;) )

·
Premium Member
3,049 Posts
Jpollman that was dam close,,1 more year and she would have been a keeper,,,I checked the guy's other stuff for sale and no starter,,bumer the starter would have worked,,,
for anyone who wants to help Mikes motor is a 1966 so any pull starter from a 1963 to 1969 big twin should work,,and starters from a big twin from 1960 to 1969 should work
Mike what is up with your starter? I thought the guys from truck repair were going to re-bush it?,,,since you told me that I have not really been looking!

·
Registered
513 Posts
i have a rewind for 40 hp evinrude about a 63 model. might even possiblly have a starter also. ill have to look. if the starter is bad a electric shop should be able to rebuild them. the do it around here (u.p.) .

·
Registered
49 Posts
i have a couple of oars i can lend and a kid to rent to row.LOL maybe that motor chuck is giving me will work on your boat. its a 40 or45 horse. i want to go alittle bigger on my boat 65or 75. so when i drag the old lady and pat on the lake tubing it will go fast .

1 - 11 of 11 Posts