Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The boat dealer nearest my house has just added StarCraft to their inventory, previously only sold Lund as far as fishing boats. They have a StarCraft delta 178 fxs in stock, figured id take a look. At the phase where im ready for an upgrade, not willing to jump yet. Fish n Ski is a bonus for the wife, Anyone fish StarCraft? Opinions?

·
Registered
7,040 Posts
I have had the Stealth 166 SC for 3 years. Awesome boat for a 16 ft. 7 ft. beam makes it very seaworthy. I fish Mullet, Burt, and Black. The 60 Evinrude will push it 40 mph which is as fast as I ever want to go. Nicely appointed with rod storage and 25 gal. bow livewell. Fishes up to 3 nicely.

·
Premium Member
812 Posts
For what its worth...

I have a 92 Starcraft Superfisherman 190. I bought it Jan. of last year. It was pretty well kept for a 30 year old aluminum boat. We have trailered and fished it all over MI in the big lakes with no complaints. Its still a solid boat and has only a small leak or two. Nothing that makes me want to rip the floor out and put in new rivets. I figure the old gal still has a good number of years left in her. I can't speak on how the new ones are but if the same company is still making them then you probably can't go wrong.
Water Boat Sky Watercraft Vehicle

·
Registered
1,044 Posts
For what its worth...

I have a 92 Starcraft Superfisherman 190. I bought it Jan. of last year. It was pretty well kept for a 30 year old aluminum boat. We have trailered and fished it all over MI in the big lakes with no complaints. Its still a solid boat and has only a small leak or two. Nothing that makes me want to rip the floor out and put in new rivets. I figure the old gal still has a good number of years left in her. I can't speak on how the new ones are but if the same company is still making them then you probably can't go wrong.
I also have a '95 fish master 190 with a 135 mariner and I fish all spices all year. I also have a small leak some wear and I am not going to rip up the floor to look for it ! My bilge pump works great. This year I painted the transom and the bottom with flex seal and I think I got 90% of the problem. When I bought the boat it didn't have a port side window or even a walk threw window. I found a guy that was scraping a super fisherman and I bought his port side counsel and all the windows. So now I have a combination fish master/super fisherman, makes a great salmon fishing boat.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts