Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Stacked Redheads

2030 Views 24 Replies 16 Participants Last post by  Far Beyond Driven
Outside LEMP

Water Sky Cloud Bird Fluid
1 - 20 of 25 Posts
I saw some good rafts off Luna Pier today.
I've met a few stacked redheads in my life!
Took them long enough time to get here…
Reactions: Divers Down
Here we go, getting the popcorn for the we need a later season when the weather doesn't cooperate discussion.
I feel like its been some years since we shoot redheads with any frequency in that area. Looks like they are showing up later for some reason.
Dan
..wont hear that from me.
Here we go, getting the popcorn for the we need a later season when the weather doesn't cooperate discussion.
So true, we used to call Rat island area "Redhead alley"...always before Halloween.
Seems Saginaw bay is the new Redhead alley by Halloween.
I feel like its been some years since we shoot redheads with any frequency in that area. Looks like they are showing up later for some reason.
Dan
Sky was black with them around bar point Wednesday
Well no ice for us buddy , your boat ready? We should do a trip to some of our ice spots in the boats here soon.
I saw some good rafts off Luna Pier today.
Reactions: LoBrass
They were here for the split, for a few hours on Saturday afternoon we probably decoyed 1500 of them.
Big flocks coming in dumb as usual landing 20 feet from the boat. Very cool flight to witness.
Hopefully there is enough food for them.
I know. Such a great start too. Flew my drone 2 miles offshore a few weeks ago and I would have thought "2015, HERE WE COME!!!"
Maybe Sunday.
Well no ice for us buddy , your boat ready? We should do a trip to some of our ice spots in the boats here soon.
They read the game book on season closures :D.
Dan
How do you like it as a scouting tool? what model?
I know. Such a great start too. Flew my drone 2 miles offshore a few weeks ago and I would have thought "2015, HERE WE COME!!!"
Maybe Sunday.
Unreal. It has a myriad of uses as I have found out. The late season spot I hunted was a direct result of a flight 3 days prior. Flies easy and has a number of great features so you do not lose your aircraft. I have had it over 3 miles away from me on one open water flight. For scouting ice I believe it could easily save a few lives, likely, my own!! I don't leave home without it, ever.

DJI Mini 3
How do you like it as a scouting tool? what model?
Reactions: Cork Dust
Just got my first drone for Christmas. Been wanting one for years. She got me a cheap one to learn with.
Already finding a ton of uses for it. Scouting ducks is one thing I wanted one for, although I have not flew it over any water just yet.
Reactions: Cork Dust
That's not what appears when you google "Stacked Redheads"
1 - 20 of 25 Posts