Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PERIOD!

Went by the hospital last night and couldn't find any fish. The holes were shallow, no current! and no fish. I did get one smack on a spawn bag, and one hit on a rapala but no one was home on either. Hit bottom 2 times in 1.7 fow...river bottom contour has changed from where it was last year, so watch your bottom finder carefully! Lucky for me there was no trees or rocks where I hit. Just my prop hit, but enough to bog the motor down a little. Had my trim way up too!

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
I think you need to refreshen your memory of the path to the spots, Troy and I had no problem 2weeks ago before the rains getting downstream in his 28 ft cruiser!
Its always a bit deeper when ya get er up on plane too!:p

Scared, say scared! hehehe.:eek:

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ya you're right Dan! My memory of st joe river isn't the best, and I'm sure Troy AND you know it very well! If I had you guys in the boat navigating, I could have shut off the depth finder! lol But IT IS STILL LOW!

What ya fishin for outta his 28 ftr? In the river, or lake? Any results? That sounds about like the days where there were some fishable days if you had a boat big enough to handle some 4 ftrs out in the lake. Sianara bro!

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
DAVE, SHOULDN"T YOU BE IN THE WOODS RIGHT NOW??????

Ha, yeah, you're absolutley right! But I had to take a director from work and his 5 year old boy fishing. I'm giving that up for a while...until the 11th when I go fly fishing up in Wellston...NO NOT TIPPY!

I already got one deer kill on video...on the youth hunt. Now I have to wait until saturday to get out myself! SEE YA!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts