Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know a lot of you watch the Carbon TV fish cam, but I will give an update of what we see when we clean the ladders as usual. At Berrien, there were about a dozen nice cohos and a couple kings in the upper wells of the ladder. At Buchanan we saw about 20 fish in the ladder and most looked to be cohos. At Niles we saw 1 steelhead in the ladder.

Mike Wilson
Fisheries Technician
Plainwell

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
I know a lot of you watch the Carbon TV fish cam, but I will give an update of what we see when we clean the ladders as usual. At Berrien, there were about a dozen nice cohos and a couple kings in the upper wells of the ladder. At Buchanan we saw about 20 fish in the ladder and most looked to be cohos. At Niles we saw 1 steelhead in the ladder.

Mike Wilson
Fisheries Technician
Plainwell
thanks mike,was a crew out checking for snuff boxes under a bridge today in scuba gear or maybe mdot,do you know mike??

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
that's affirmative from the grand updates

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I checked and clean the Joe ladders today. Only 4 or 5 fish in the upper wells around noon. There wasn't much in Niles or Buchanan, just a few coho surfacing upstream of the ladders.

·
Registered
2,895 Posts
I checked and clean the Joe ladders today. Only 4 or 5 fish in the upper wells around noon. There wasn't much in Niles or Buchanan, just a few coho surfacing upstream of the ladders.
Id say I folded up the salmon rods right on cue. Time for the real show. My favorite time of year.

·
Registered
665 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I checked the ladders today. There were about 20 chrome steelhead in the upper wells of Berrien Ladder which is a pretty high number. Only a couple guys there around 11am. I didn't see anything at Buchanan or Niles.

Mike

·
Premium Member
4,632 Posts
nice, thank you,watched last night 4 awile,no action. kudos midnr

1 - 9 of 9 Posts