Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It is getting close to the time to start planning this fun annual event again.
Now I don't mind doing some of the planning, or if someone else wants to take charge, I would certainly help them in any way possible.

I think we need to get a "feel" for what dates, we want to have it on.
Now some of you folks that are fairly new, this is gonna be our 5th year. The first year was 02 on my birthday weekend. I had a blast and , we caught some nice fish that was like Jan 19-21. Last year we had it on the first weekend of March. There was also some good catches last year. The 2 years in between we had the event in Feb, and the fishing was a bit slower, and the weather was a bit on the chilly side too.

So I guess we need to figure out a tentative date, and see if there is even any interest in this event any more!:yikes:

Dates of interest are:
Feb 24-26
March 3-5
March17-19

These are the dates that will work for me the best, as I have tourney on the 11th and 25th of march with our BC steelheaders.

we have plenty of time to figure it out, but just wanted to get it out there, Steve A and Mark C asked me about it the other day while we were fishing.

A couple things that I do remember from the past events

Helping Stelmon get his first river steely
Helping Scarlet get her first river steely.
falling off my boat at the bank, and having either Butch or Polar bear lift me outta the water!

Who can forget the"squirrel monkey"!
scarlets depictions of different pictures in the bark of trees.
pulling grounded boats off the gravel in the morning
breakfast at the daybreak cafe tons of food and chuckles around the campfire!
Jimbos stumbling down the drive looking for the "trixler"!
Great stories from Ralf and Ray.

Deffinately alot of fun at this event!:lol:

·
Premium Member
7,269 Posts
I can make any date work, I would hedge towards the 1st weekend of March though. Seems to be a good time to hit some fish... Ill be there for sure.

BTW, once this thread gets rolling I will move it to the outing forum.

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, I knew you would. Gonna bring the"squeeze" with you this year?;)

By the way John, if she wants to go with us next time we go, she can...............even if you can't:yikes: :lol: .

Just yankin, I haven't picked a 3rd yet, so see if she wants to. I promise to spuce the boat up a bit!:lol:

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
sounds like a good time.have ta talk more about it monday while your giveing me that fishin lesson :lol: is it river only or the lake too?march sounds pretty good to me.lots of fish to be had that time of year being river or lake.read the thread on the last outing and it looked like you guys(and gals)had a blast.that and the pic's of all the food afterwards :corkysm55 :corkysm55 oh-yea foood :corkysm55

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
The only thing I can say for sure is if your planning on having it at shamrock I wont be able to attend it. Nick don't like my new boat :evil:

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Eric, are you kidding, or is that true, I know sometimes he can be tough to get along with, especially if you speed through the lot!:lol: I personally haven't had a problem with him, and the park is a great meeting place, and keeps us out of trouble and off the city streets!:lol: I guess you could alway launch at Jasper ,ad drive the boat up, for food and fun. Hope you can make it.

Creek chub, I think you fished with me and darrin before in this event. It isn't just a river event, its not a tournament itself, just an outing. Last year we had a steelheaders tourney the same day at Benton Township. I will try to make sure there isn't a tourney this time if I can. I would rather fish for fun with site members anyday. We usually get 20-30 guys at these things!;)

·
Registered
19 Posts
Count me Dan, I wouldn't miss another outing for the world. I'll have room for one or two anglers in the Jet. Hope to see you all again soon..

Tight lines and Chrome to the boat!!!

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
"Eric, are you kidding, or is that true"

Sorry to say it's true. I think he was worried I was going to start catching all the fish or something.

·
Registered
3,366 Posts
I doubt sweet talkin him would do any good. I tried to be nice when the whole thing happend and it didn't get me anything but grief. The guy needs to see a doctor and get some medication or enroll in some kind of anger management therapy.
I passed him in my boat. He was anchored above the bridge on the side by the day break cafe. I ran my boat clear up in the shallow rocks on the treatment plant side so I wouldn't bother his lines. I'm guessing the distance there to be about 200ft or better? I had to go fast enough to keep my boat above the rocks. It's a jet but you can't just set it down in the shallows. The only other choice I had was to pass him close in the main channel in which case I could have gone slow, but I'd have had to run right next to his lines. I did what I thought was best. I swear to God thats the truth. I would never knowingly do something I thought was rude to someone else on the river. Anyway he came unglued on me. I thought his face was going to explode he was so mad. I appoligized up and down and told him next time I'd pass him different. That wasn't good enough for him. So now I'm ban from shamrock park.

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
Erik said:
I doubt sweet talkin him would do any good. I tried to be nice when the whole thing happend and it didn't get me anything but grief. The guy needs to see a doctor and get some medication or enroll in some kind of anger management therapy.
I passed him in my boat. He was anchored above the bridge on the side by the day break cafe. I ran my boat clear up in the shallow rocks on the treatment plant side so I wouldn't bother his lines. I'm guessing the distance there to be about 200ft or better? I had to go fast enough to keep my boat above the rocks. It's a jet but you can't just set it down in the shallows. The only other choice I had was to pass him close in the main channel in which case I could have gone slow, but I'd have had to run right next to his lines. I did what I thought was best. I swear to God thats the truth. I would never knowingly do something I thought was rude to someone else on the river. Anyway he came unglued on me. I thought his face was going to explode he was so mad. I appoligized up and down and told him next time I'd pass him different. That wasn't good enough for him. So now I'm ban from shamrock park.
Eff it and let your conciencece be clear if you meant no harm then it should be that way.... Hmmmmm .... prop or no prop.... questions questions....

·
Registered
4,020 Posts
I always prefer the boats pass by us on a plane at full speed. If your on the Joe moving at full speed and your coming up on a boat with a couple goons waving you on with a throttle down motion, punch it and blow by us. I'd much rather see you go by quick than to slow down and take 3 minutes instead of 20 seconds to motor through the hole. Most of the time, this causes less wake too.

Back to topic, I'll try to make it to the outing and spend a night. I like the early March dates but they all work for me.

·
Registered
3,087 Posts
I would only be able to make the Feb. Date. We have the Birch Run Show on March 3,4 & 5 and we have the Fort Wayne Shown on March 17, 18, 19 & 20.

Mark (Adjusted3) can not make any of those dates.:sad:

We will have to see how things work out.

Steve

·
Registered
3,035 Posts
.... name the date and time....

.... and I'm there!! I will be thumbing to hitch a ride of course!! :lol:

Just ask the ol' Spankster... I do have good spawn!! :D

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Count me in too! Will probably most likely just make the saturday of the event.

I might be able to bring my boat or hitch a ride, depends on how many boats we have coming already.

I'll be watching for dates for sure...

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
I may be interested in this as well. I'm pretty open date wise. As I recall, last year there was a conflict with the spring assault on the coho's in Indiana. Is that correct? If so, and I'm assuming there will be another coho outing this year (DonP?) it would be nice to have these outings on different weekends.

I'll keep my eyes out,

Scott

·
Super Moderator
10,562 Posts
I'm interested. The earlier we do it the better for me.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts