Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys I thought I should "sound off" in the correct thread! Please move if neccasary!
I have made many friends from this website and the St. Joe league tourneys. many of the St. joe league events have had conflicting schedules with other tourneys, and gas prices have made it expensive to for the weekend warrior.
Now, the league challenge has moved to a date I have a conflict.
I will participate in the st. joe league events, and set my schedule around them. Looking for a few more guys to set there schedule around the 2009 dates. Lets keep this league going. I hope some folks put in more feedback!
Brett
brettsplaceonthebay.com

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Yep the brown blast was a full house but the orther events have been pretty short.We've had to miss a few also but did manage to make the last one at the lodge and oh-yeah should I mention the food :corkysm55:corkysm55:lol::lol:.Never could top bens monster perch for that one :yikes::lol:.Got the fall run comin up so let plan another fall one like last year.Start time like 4am till say noon.Seems like me and capt tom put the king leason on last year :lol:.We've really looked forward to all the m/s events, one for the food but mostly for the good people we've meet and alot of friends we have'nt seen in years (mark),
(dan),,,ect.Got the holiday comin up so if ya all want to plan a tourny/jam fest I can always break out the dj equp with over 800gigs of music and we can put the year end party down.Sure we could talk master chief dan into playin with that smoker for us too.Pools open at the marina so lets put something togeather.

·
Registered
1,893 Posts
Scot's dj service, Dan's smokehouse, Steve/Marks stories, "beverages", New Pool at Brians Marina .... Connie's APPLE BETTY!!!!!!!!!! Did I mention FOOD?! Has the makings for a hoe-down to beat all.

It's been good to see some regulars and meet some new regulars at the weigh ins. I've really enjoyed the tourneys Mark and Steve have put on...although Mark has been MIA a lot this year. I've had my share of missed tourneys also this year...so I'm not throwing any mud at anyone. :dizzy: I hate that I've missed so many, but hope to better that record next year.

But by all means ... MOVE THE DATE TO NOT BE ON SEPT 13th!!!! I'll be in Colorado elk hunting and won't make it. Any date after that works for me. Or Labor Day weekend also works for me as I'll be home getting ready to go hunting. Since the August tournament was cancelled...is there anyone able to pull this one up to August 30th?

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
I'm good with any date past the 22nd. Boats getting a new cover & bimini made so I can't make anything before that.

But if Dan's cookin I'll do the back stroke with a fishing rod in each hand if thats what it takes to get the grub...:D

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
We include Mark, steve and wayne we have a competion. That would be 7 boats total. I have not seen any replies from Mark or steve or wayne. Guys post up please, lets make this league better in 2009. I will volunteer some of my time helping organize to keep this thing going. My time is limited but will do this if needed.
In closing, this about fishing and friends. Making new friends and cherishing good moments with old friends. Many posts about the farm, brown betty..... the list goes on. Friends and fishing contacts made is entire new list..... for all of us.
Brett

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
Yep,we've had more fun wth these events than all the big tournys.Oh-and did someone mention "APPLE BETTY ":bowdown::bowdown:.Some stiff competion from this league let me tell ya,been spanked by spanky,slammed by the salmonslayer,out gunned by sixshooter and smacked by steve and mark more than once,oh and did someone mention the " APPLE BETTY " lord dont get no better than this.A job well done as always ;).

·
Registered
111 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Glad you see the fun and "com-rod-ry-ship". Sorry cannot spell that, you can quote as a new word if you wish!
I beat Steve up on the phone today in a personal converstation. He seemed to appreciate the feedback. Steve my intentions are good, not bashing anyone. Just want more "brown betty" weigh ins, and good times on the lake. Business aside, I am passionate about fishing! These 25.00 tourneys are a great excuse to mark fishing dates on my calander. I may not make the time otherwise.
Brett

·
Registered
304 Posts
Between the two I haven't been on the lake but once this year, with Steve and we caught I think 3 and threw back the small laker. Seems when I get the time, the weather acts up and with gas prices, I can't justify $100 for a trip to the lake without a better than average chance to get some fishing in.. in smaller waves than it took to break Steves console. The last couple years the dates have conflicted with my weekends off, which makes it a little harder to just take off and go, for most of you its a half day thing, the extra distance travelled makes it an all day event for me. I'll try to make the ones I can, but won't promise anything definate.

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
I would be willing to throw some dead animals in the smoker, like I said before. But I have to cook for others on Sept 5-6, and sept 20th. Isn't Aug 30th the manistee weekend!:confused:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts