Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Earlier in the week, I saw the weather forecast for Friday and thought, "I gotta get out on the Joe!" Almost 50 degrees at the end of January - it was too much to resist. So, I set up a charter with my favorite captain and took some customers out on a little customer appreciation-fishing trip. The Joe has been awesome this winter and we felt the table was set for a great outing. We were definitely hoping for a limit day. It turned out to be a little slower than a limit day J.

I can't complain: the day was BEAUTIFUL, the company was great, we put four fish in the boat and best of all I got to go fishing and legitimately call it work (thank you LORD). Before I get to the pics, the last fish of the day we had a double on and only landed one as the 2nd one got broke off. Oh, forgot, my two buddies are in the witness protection program so I had to give them a disguise to protect their identity (jk: I forgot to ask them if they minded if I posted their pics so out of courtisy, I blurred them a bit).

All fish were taken slidding either hot-n-tots (gold/black) or flatfish (gold/black tiger). We didn't try spawn very hard. We had 8 hits (three were head buts, one break off and we landed four).

·
Registered
3,461 Posts
I've seen those guys around too spanky. Aren't they with the band slip knot? Or is it the texas chainsaw masacres? Either way I feel sorry for those fishes :yikes:

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Erik said:
I've seen those guys around too spanky. Aren't they with the band slip knot? Or is it the texas chainsaw masacres? Either way I feel sorry for those fishes :yikes:
LOL - lucky for us the water was cloudy otherwise we would have got skunked if those steelies got a look at our mugs :lol:

·
Registered
345 Posts
Steelheadfred said:
Can you explain what you mean by slidding plugs rather than just tieing them to the line.

Maybe it is just a different term for pulling plugs? Or are you rigging different and if so what is the advantage over the old way?

I think he means sliding your boat back with the current. Letting your lures slide:eek:ne_eye: back in to the zone you want to fish.

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Andge said:
I think he means sliding your boat back with the current. Letting your lures slide:eek:ne_eye: back in to the zone you want to fish.
Yes.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts