Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We wanted to hit the big lake today, but the wind scarred me off. So I took the riverboat instead and hit the lower joe for the usual early spring browns.
The water was up a little from last week and vis . was about 2 ft. The water temp started at 49 degrees and was 51.4 when we left at 1 pm.

Our luck was fair, but my crew seemed preoccupied with the nice weather as I watched them miss a few good bites. I did manage my 3 fish limit of little eater browns, 2-4 lbers, and even tussled with a few cats and suckers too. These little spawn gobblers are alot of fun when you can find them. Never took more than 1 fish from each spot( kinda rare). Had a pretty nice 1/2 day trip with some good friends, and then headed home in time to see 2/3 of a great Bristol race!:)

There was 3 other boats on the river all morning!;) Fished from benton Harbor upstream to the benton Township launch, spawn fishing only!!

·
Registered
4,021 Posts
I was on the beach yesterday afternoon but it was slow, got one brown but that was it and the only one caught around me in the 4 hours I sat there.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts