Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard the police had a barricade up and wouldn't let anyone go out of St. Joe. Anyone have any info?

·
Registered
6,111 Posts
Perhaps a pier angler finally snapped because someone wanted to post pictures of some fish caught in "his" spot.:D

OK On a serious note hopefully for safety reason preventing someone from getting hurt. Let;s hope anyway.

Skinner

·
Registered
100 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Are you talking about the launch or the river?
That's a good question.
I recieved an email from my Father-in-Law asking: "find out why the barage was across the river yesterday and the police wouldn't let anybody go out".

I wasn't sure what was meant by "barage" so I assumed it was some sort of barricade. I looked up the word "barrage" and found:

Civil Engineering. an artificial obstruction in a watercourse to increase the depth of the water, facilitate irrigation, etc.

Anyways, this is all I got to go on...I figured someone here might know something. No big deal.

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
I just checked the web cam, and it looks like there is boats out on the lake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
A lake-going barge was in St. Joseph delivering a very large piece of equipment for the nuclear plant at Covert. The equipment was transferred from the barge to a large truck/trailer. M63 was blocked/had controlled traffic. The river was not blocked, but the barge took up a lot of space.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts