Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
558 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy New Year to ALL . We went to The Joe to try to end the yr. with some winter chrome. What an absolutely BRUTAL day it was . I dont remember a more harsh day that we have tried to fish in . It started out in the rain and snow and ended in 30 deg. and 25 mph wind . Only a hand full of boats out . Launched at the Ben. Twp. ramp ( great shape ) and fish up river from there . Did quite a bit of movein from spot to spot and only managed 2 hookups that both came off . Lures all day in various colors didnt even get touched ./ The 2 tags we did get came on spawn . The first was off after a couple of shakes and the second tore me for bout 20ft. of line before comeing loose . Talked to a few people on the river and only saw 1 fish get caught .Nobody had much to talk about .:confused:

On a good note , we didnt loose any gear and my equip worked flawlessly . I hadnt had the boat out in a while and it started right up . YES!!!:lol:

Good Luck and Safe Trips ................. Walldady

·
Registered
3,377 Posts
Happy New Years back at ya. I wanted to get out there Friday, but couldn't get into gear. Being from the same general "hood" as you do, since I moved out to just this side of Iowa :) , I am finding that I need more motivation to get going with the longer drive and all. I don't know how MP Steelheader does it, but I guess I can put that up to youthful exhuberance and enthusiasm:lol: :lol: .

And a Happy New Year to all!

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Thanks for the report Walldaddy. I guess sometimes them darn fish win.;)

I will be heading there tomorrow(mon) with a BC member, and "fish-on" from the site. Hopefully the river will be good to us!
I will report after the fish are cleaned.;)

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Fished the St. Joe today. We were 7 for 9 when it came time for me to leave at 2 o'clock. It's been a good year so far! All fish came on spawn. Happy New Year.

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
Way to put the hurt on the crome. Thanks for the report. Thats the best I have heard for awhile. Welcome to the site, and happy new year to you.:)

·
Banned
10,217 Posts
gonna rain, so bring your raincoat!:yikes: Talkin about a chance of T-storms too.! winter in Michigan, gotta love it. Ice is goin fast, I think winter comes back after weds!;)

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
My friend Jim aka "nosense" was also out there saturday and fishedthe berrien springs area with a skunk to show.I guess from what he says the fish were just very inactive that day.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts