Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone catching any panfish? I tried a few different areas last year with some tip up success but yet to find a lake in the area I can count on a few gills for dinner.

·
Registered
846 Posts
I have not fished it yet this year, but my friend lives on the third lake by the beach. He said they have been going out almost every day and they are catching a few gills and crappies . I drove by the other day and they seem to be fishing around the deep hole. I have been working so can't get out right now. It is suppose to get really cold tonight and tomorrow, so that will tighten up the ice, even though it is going to get back in the upper 30's next week. I think I will try and get out there this week end for sure. Can't go to sag bay and I need to get out on the ice some where!! Good luck if you go out!

·
Registered
2,682 Posts
I have not fished it yet this year, but my friend lives on the third lake by the beach. He said they have been going out almost every day and they are catching a few gills and crappies . I drove by the other day and they seem to be fishing around the deep hole. I have been working so can't get out right now. It is suppose to get really cold tonight and tomorrow, so that will tighten up the ice, even though it is going to get back in the upper 30's next week. I think I will try and get out there this week end for sure. Can't go to sag bay and I need to get out on the ice some where!! Good luck if you go out!
Nothing in your forecast I'm seeing is going to hurt the ice there. I see 3 days total above freezing, tomorrow at 36 and Friday at 40 and next Tuesday at 35. With that there are a lot of nights in the teens and most days mid-upper 20's. Only issue which will create a little slop maybe is the possible rain Friday and after that it drops off real good and will take no time to start adding on big time. That rain should smooth it out and get rid of any snow which is great. I never worry about mid 30 days this time of year with indirect sunlight. Ya, if you only have a couple inches and not making at night then you may have to worry but not when it is barely above freezing a few hours and then a lot colder the rest each day. Should be good to go the rest of the season.

Reactions: Sparky23
1 - 3 of 3 Posts