Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HEADING TO ST. HELLEN FRIDAY, SNOW SHOE HAIR HUNTING FRIDAY
ANY ONE HUNTED THERE THIS YEAR ?
OR SEEN ANY HAIR AROUND THERE THIS YEAR ?
THANKS RICK:lol:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Rick, I dont know about St.Helen but around Grayling where I have a cabin there has been little snowshoe sign. But if you try try Hunting around Cedar swamps near the Mannistee River you can always sem to get a run or two.I would try swamps around SnowBowl road off of 27 or around the big swamp in Houghton Lake.

·
Registered
358 Posts
JimmyO said:
Rick, I dont know about St.Helen but around Grayling where I have a cabin there has been little snowshoe sign. But if you try try Hunting around Cedar swamps near the Mannistee River you can always sem to get a run or two.I would try swamps around SnowBowl road off of 27 or around the big swamp in Houghton Lake.
I can't speak for all of the Snow Bowl Road area but I've been deer hunting there for about 20+ years and the bunny population has gone down the tubes as of late. Again I can't tell you it's like that everywhere there, but we hunt in a seldom traveled area and there hasn't been even that much sign. We used to bust bunnies there all the time but it just seemed to trail off. Although in the early morning before sunlight we did notice the coyotes weren't singing this year as much...maybe a good sign for the small game. If you have at it, please file a report...hopefully telling me I was wrong!! Good luck!!

·
Registered
3,837 Posts
Was in the St. Helen area last year... moderate grouse sign, but sadly only came across a couple snowshoe tracks... we hunted and walked for two days solid.

Might want to drive an extra 1.5 hrs and head to da' U.P.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts