Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I looked at a Legend ice today and noticed that the last eyelet is rotated 90 degrees from the others. Is this how it is suppose to be or was i looking at a defective rod. The reason I am asking is I am trying to modify one of my exsist ice rods with the same spring setup. Also has anyone else tried this yet?

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Unless they're doing something new, that's a defect. My St. Croix's aren't like that.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
i'd have to say no.... it happens on a lot of ice fishing rods when they put em on the rack... ALWAYS check the guides to make sure they are aligned before you buy one.

·
Registered
20,129 Posts
I have 6 St. Croix ice rods, none of them are like that. Although I will say this,, every one of them has at least one eyelet thats "cocked" off a little. More annoying than anything else.

·
Registered
9,759 Posts
a little offcenter is one thing, but i too have seen ones like 120deg off center, multiple ones off center quite a bit, etc.... i always check through em to find one thats good.

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I read somewhere that they rotate the last eyelet in thier "springbobber " series of rods.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I looked at all of the different sizes while at BPS and didn't notice any of them rotated. Even the web site shows them positioned in the normal way.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts