Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to get out one last time before the jan,season,anyone getting new birds with this cold?I havent been out in two weeksGoose feilds where full ;)

·
Registered
82 Posts
got one red head and didn't see to many ducks this a.m. Over towards Harsens Island i did happen to see to very large flocks of divers get up and leave the area. I hope there are more on the way. i think they were educated birds flying today.

Biggins

·
Registered
4,864 Posts
biggins said:
i think they were educated birds flying today.

Biggins
u give the dumbest ducks more credit than they deserve. divers dont get 'educated' they are so friggin stupid we shoot more birds while standing in the spread than we do hiding. just switch up the decoys... spread em out more, make gaps of 8 to 10 feet between decoys. u may see a diffrence. and dispite what most say, give calling divers a try. i learned this year that far out birds will respond to a realy loud mallard hail call. when they get in close, say tullllllllllllllllllllll tulllllllllllllllllllllll in ur mallard call, no grunt just air. barck at em, pur, they will come in. good luck.

·
Registered
1,069 Posts
neil duffey said:
divers dont get 'educated' they are so friggin stupid/QUOTE]

:tsk:

·
Registered
149 Posts
Brother hunted Metro yesterday (12/1). Said he saw ton's of divers out in lake in front of Metro. He was able to get two Blue Bills. Imagine the hunting will be good for divers if you can get out. He also indicated that he saw some goose and mallard activity, but couldn't get them to come in. Good luck to you this weekend.

·
Banned
909 Posts
neil duffey said:
u give the dumbest ducks more credit than they deserve. divers dont get 'educated' they are so friggin stupid we shoot more birds while standing in the spread than we do hiding. just switch up the decoys... spread em out more, make gaps of 8 to 10 feet between decoys. u may see a diffrence. and dispite what most say, give calling divers a try. i learned this year that far out birds will respond to a realy loud mallard hail call. when they get in close, say tullllllllllllllllllllll tulllllllllllllllllllllll in ur mallard call, no grunt just air. barck at em, pur, they will come in. good luck.
neil and i spent an entire morning hunting and guess what i shot????;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts