Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my first walleye of the year this afternoon. I managed to land 1 out of 2.
I hate losing the first fish of the year.
Fished from 1:30pm-3:40pm in 20-25 FOW. The fog rolled in fast at 3:30.

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Thats a nice walleye. looks like a meal for two . It's cool that you have a trained black bear to meet you at the docks. lol . he's a big-n . That first pull feels great!!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was out this morning at 6am till 7:30am this morning and nothing to show. I had to call it an early day due to the fog being so heavy and my batteries in my gps died.

I am thinking of trying later on this afternoon but the river is really dirty.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Nice fish. what part of teh river were you fishing? I was at the marine city launch yesterday and the docks are still up in the parking lot. I wonder has anyone fished the north channel?

·
Registered
198 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am fishing the Canadian Side were Channel Ecart (aka sny) meets the St.Clair river. I am using a slow troll (2mph on gps) from the two bouys out to the shipping and back in. My set up is a poor mans downrigger set up with a 3oz weight, 6 foot lead going to a walleye minnow. I can only get the bait down to about 19 ft.

I will be back out this afternoon trying again.

·
Registered
5,845 Posts
Thank you for the info I was thinking about fishing the north cannel this after noon but I think I might do better north of marine city by the edison pulling wire.

·
Registered
3,332 Posts
Took a ride from Algonac up to Port Huron early p.m. not much happining. No ramps at Marine City yet. Also didn't see many boats out. I think I'll try pulling some wire in the Sturgeon Hole Tomorrow early. Good luck boys...
Oh by the way, if anyone is looking for schaller trolling reel I got one at Archers and Angelers(ACO) in Chesterfield Twp. a few years ago. it wasn't cheap but it sure works good. I think they get them in on occassion, and rebuild them so give them a call you might get lucky.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts