Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happy to say I was able to make it out on the water Saturday AM before all of the recreational boaters (3.5 hrs). Set out to jig for walleye between the State park and the DQ launch in Algonac.
Ended up catching 1, 18 inch walleye on on a 1 oz Highlighter jig head, Brown Wyandotte worm with a stinger. 30 FOW. The bite was rather slow.

I also landed a huge musky with the same set up!

I was fishing by myself but was able to capture it on a couple cameras.
Take a look at the video I put together. (Musky hook up @ 3:19 in)

·
Administrator
18,114 Posts
...... makes me think about getting on the water again before opening of bow. Haven't been out since August 25th...
<----<<<

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
...... makes me think about getting on the water again before opening of bow. Haven't been out since August 25th...
<----<<<
It's a though decision to make. We've waited for Bow and duck season to come in but, to be honest, we'd probably have more success fishing.

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
You almost made me want to go out jigging for walleye this weekend but then I remembered that I can't because I took the trolling motor battery out of my boat to use in my auto feeder up in the UP.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
You almost made me want to go out jigging for walleye this weekend but then I remembered that I can't because I took the trolling motor battery out of my boat to use in my auto feeder up in the UP.
Lol sportsmans issues right. Not enough time or gear ever!

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
Lol sportsmans issues right. Not enough time or gear ever!
Yep, My auto feeder is for crap. It eats through batteries. Bought a small 12v rechargeable last year with small solar panel & it lasted less than a week due to lack of sunny days. My trolling motor battery hasn't been fully charging (4 yrs old) so I figured I'd retire it to auto feeder duty. Did this before with one that had 2 dead cells & it ran the feeder all 3 months.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Happy to say I was able to make it out on the water Saturday AM before all of the recreational boaters (3.5 hrs). Set out to jig for walleye between the State park and the DQ launch in Algonac.
Ended up catching 1, 18 inch walleye on on a 1 oz Highlighter jig head, Brown Wyandotte worm with a stinger. 30 FOW. The bite was rather slow.

I also landed a huge musky with the same set up!

I was fishing by myself but was able to capture it on a couple cameras.
Take a look at the video I put together. (Musky hook up @ 3:19 in)

·
Registered
2,623 Posts
They sell more batteries at the store zib ;)
Ya but I don't feel like spending the money on a new battery when I'll most likely only jig once or twice the rest of this year. Most likely will be doing more sturgeon fishing than musky or walleye unless I fish on someone else's boat so I won't need a new battery until March. :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
But, By buying in march you're buying ah, A Senior Battery;) One that's getting old sitting on a shelf all winter long, Stiff, Cold, Losing its strength, Hasn't been fed all winter, been Kicked around by the stock boy! Kinda Looking like and performing like, Hillary Clinton!!:nono: Or you could Buy now, When she's Young, Fresh, Strong, and Vibrant, And ready to Dance!! And perform for ya!! Who would ya take to the big dance? Hillary or a Hooters girl :evilsmile LOL! Cheers Jaa

1 - 20 of 48 Posts