Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished the St.Clair River this afternoon from 1pm- 3:30pm with the girlfriend. The girlfriend got one eye and one trout/salmon....not sure if it's a king or coho???

Both fish caught in 20 FOW with a chrome/silver walleye minnow. The river is still quite dirty here on the Canadian side.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Nice catch "mordenk"!

I can't really tell by the photo but the other fish (not the walleye) looks a lot like a Brown. :confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Nice catch. How come only 2 ?? Did your girlfriend feel sorry for ya and deciced to let you fish?? :D I agree, the other fish looks like a Brown..

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the reply guy's. I am not a trout/salmon fisherman. I assumed a king as the meat was a bright orange when I cleaned her. She was also full of row. The eye was also full of row and I almost contimplated throughing them both back as they we still alive on the stringer.

All I can say is that I have lived on the St.Clair River for 12 years now and I finally am now just getting the hang of this great river.

I won't be able to get out again untill late next week as Exam's are just around the corner.

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Good job to you both I bet she had a blast bringing them fish in she out fished you ha ha j/k yeah that other fish is a nice brown trout

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well I guess that fish was a brown... as for the girlfiend... It does kinda make me mad that she out-fished me....but at the same time I got her turned on to fishing (rather then me...go figure???).

Good luck.
-Kyle

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Congrads on the catch.I fish the river almost everyday in and around the Port huron area I do good most of the time.As all the rest have said the trout appears to be brown.Nice photos of the fish as well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts