Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well the river fishing has been sorta slow for me as of lately.My last fish I caught was 2 days ago which was a 2lb atlantic salmon.The crowds have been horrendus on weekends and my former fishing home has turned into a circus.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
1,664 Posts
Atlantic Salmon WOW never seen one of them yet cool nice to see them around here lucky man,or not maybe all skill

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I didnt fish the river today from shore but stopped by there on my way home and talked to some buddys who were just leaving this evening.Nothing caught again today.NE wind blowing with murky water.I`ll be trying tommorow hopefully with better luck.

Stinger63 out.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
(3/27) Fished & dipped the St. Clair River tonight. My smelt net kept coming up empty, but some other dippers were picking up a few. The most I heard of caught at one time was five. Most dippers packed up and left after a couple unsuccessful dips.

I did manage to pick up a 30 1/2" King and a 18 1/2" Coho. Also saw a nice Steelhead and heard of a few Browns taken in the a.m.

Had a great BS session with "fasteight" from this site for most of the day and also met and talked with "MiketheElder" and "Icefishingnut".

Everyone is looking forward to the smelt dipping outing next Saturday!

"fasteight" thanks again for the cold one! :D I'm buying next time!

·
Registered
259 Posts
Hey, walleye vision was that you and those 2 guys there at the water plant last night? Nice job on the fish.

I was the one with the 28 ", 6.6 lb chinook on the stringer. Used big shiner to get it. :D

Met MiketheElder also.

·
Registered
1,998 Posts
Walleye Vis. & fasteight I came down around 2:00 did'nt see you guys.
Did you's fish the park way to the south ??? what board is the smelt dip outing under?? thanks.

A/K/A Ming Ming :cool:

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
well i seen alot of fish caught yesterday, met some great people, walleyevision, very nice to met ya and thanks for showin me that the spot u fished had fish, dont worry bout the cold one, wish i had more and could have stayed longer and Bs'ed more...lol knew i shouldnt have let my buddy talk me into fishin behind the wall... nice talkin with IFN again, sounds like next saturday is gonna be a blast... Bilgerat, was that u just to the south of the wall with the chinook on a stringer?? my buddy came down adn talked to ya, he said "i cant believe that guy caught that fish on a crappie rig with a night crawler" since i only seen one person down there with a fish i guess that was u?? lol

Ed stringer, i got there about 12:30 and set up at the first bench and then my buddy talked me into movin behind the wall about half way down... bummer i didnt see ya, had some cold "pops" and could have used some pointers...lol the outtin will be at the south end of the wall where its more open... i am gonna get there about 1pm again and try chuckin spoons, crawlers, minnows, body baits, faucets, sinks, boots, shoes.... anything that might catch me a fish...lol drop me a line Ed..

cya....

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
Hey BligeRat & Ed Stringer, sorry I missed you guys. I got a late start and didn't get to the river until about 3:15 pm.

Nice job on that king, "BligeRat"! I tried walking your way once to check out the fishing action. When I got about 100 yards away from my rod, my bell starting ringing. For some reason, I catch alot of my fish that way? :mad: It's great excerise though! :D

Looking forward to meeting everyone at the smelt dipping outing next weekend. I'm planning on heading down a little early to get some fishing in first.

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
i know myself and possibly walleyevision are gonna be there around 1pm or so fishin before everyone else gets there.. i think IFN said 3-4 is maybe when others are gonna start trickling in.. should be a great time... fish and smelt will just be a bonus that night.. lookin forward to it..

·
Banned
9,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
when ever that will be again Im going to fish down there where you guys were fishing at.Sounds the fish have moved south this year instead of where I normaly catch them.:eek:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts