Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished from 4 to 8 straight out 26 fow and got 5 keepers and bunch of short ones. missed lots of alleye also by the boat since they were not hooked good. dragging little ones on inline board most of the time. Never dragged and caought so many little ones. One interesting thing, when we started there was lighting south of us and seemed like air was charged with static electricity. could not tough any rod without getting zapped continously. Even rods standing next to other, you could see static charge jumping across them and the boat continously. Never seen anything like that before. when lighing went away so did getting zapped by fishing rod. So first hour or so, we did not set any rods.

·
Registered
722 Posts
Thanks for the report and a good laugh:lol:. Just thinking of the wife telling me to drive in or she's shooting me after getting zapped or seeing the static.

·
Registered
145 Posts
Thats happened to me before, and you think what am I doing out here. But by the time you pickup and beat the crap out of yourself and all your equip., trying to make a run to shore the storm has passed. Usually the fish start biting, so you might as well stick it out. I've often wondered how much of a conductor my alum.boat is and if I'm safe standing on the carpeted bottom touching nothing else if lightning were to hit.

·
Premium Member
4,735 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How important are fish?
Not important, but as sock-em said we drove one hour to get to SSP and drove 6 -8 miles out and I checked the radar before driving from SSP to 26 fow and storm, rain and lighting were south of us, so I was not worrried much. Just wondered if anyone has experienced that before. It was amazing, my rod were standing next to a pole from the boat cover and there was constant arcing between my rods and that pole. what causes that? I have fished in rain, and lighting before and never seen that.

May go to same place again today. have to take our cat to emergency first. she is listless, does not drink or eat. office visit $95, ouch. our other cat was just put to sleep after spending $800 and she had seemed like cancer from x-ray, blood test and bunch of other tests. Vet was going to do ultra sound, take sample, IR, IV and bunch of other crap for 3-4 thousand dollar. We thought she is going to die anyway. Not doing too good with cats in ast couple of weeks. Does anyone know a less expensive vet around?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Ace animal clinic on Wayne rd, in Wayne usually best prices n shots and spays ect. Not sure about that kind of stuff though.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
5,994 Posts
Sorry about your pets. Change food. or give them people food they like. Who knows what is in cat food unregulated. Good luck I hope it works out good

Harbor beach We could see a thunder storm lots of lightening out in the lake. but rest your pole against the steal sea wall and zzaapp. I thought at first one of the lights on the Pier was shorting out but it was the charged water. I wonder if it has an effect on fish. I know they would be fine suspended but if they grounded to a weed or bottom???? could be why the bite is on?????? only a guess???

1 - 7 of 7 Posts