Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
416 Posts
For what its worth...

We also went out of SSP on 6/7. Fished from 06:30 - 12:00. Headed past RR/1,2 to the state line, found about 26FOW and set bandits 85 back for a downwind troll. Picked up a couple decent fish but it was slow even with lots of marks. We weren't in the pack but had them in sight. Ended up switching to bb/harnesses and it was like flipping a switch. Constant action with some junk but picking the speed up to 1.9 helped get rid of the trash. Colors did not matter one bit. We varied depth from 26 - 29, stayed on that same line (NNE) the whole day. 2 man limit and we had to work for it but I'll say the difficulty was our own. Kind of new to the Erie/walleye scene and being rookies out there requires a bit of a learning curve. We learned a lot and had a great time.

Just want to say thanks to the guys that post reports. We couldn't have done it without that. Even for a Monday AM there were lots and lots of boats. Its a big lake and the bite is on fire but there's plenty of water and fish for everyone that was there. All the boats coming back in with us had limits at the FC station.
Untitled.jpg

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Well bandits werent hot today... only 5 fish in the box. Threw back 3 or 4 15"ers.

Digging out the harness back now.

Thanks for the reports...
Well bandits werent hot today... only 5 fish in the box. Threw back 3 or 4 15"ers.

Digging out the harness back now.

Thanks for the reports...
Drag a 3 oz /harness and work it on bottom . will catch fish !

·
Registered
197 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I forgot the crawlers at home today and thought I wouldnt need them after doing so well with bandits yesterday. Rode the struggle bus today took about 3.5-4 hours to get a solo limit. First 2 I got almost right as soon as I setup. Big 24" eye pulled my board under water and the board came off the line so I had to pull lines and go get it. Ended up getting my last 3 eyes, a throw back, and the 2 bonus fish in about a 8 minute span.
80783.jpeg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts