Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

SRSGA - N. Prior field configuration in '10

• the east-west corn strips seemed to help hunting in this field...keep it that way

Votes: 8 36.4%
  • the east-west corn strips seemed to hurt hunting in this field - go back to north-south in '11

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • the east-west corn strips didn't make a difference...either is fine with me

Votes: 10 45.5%
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The Shiawassee Flats Citizens and Hunters Association (SFCHA) has our first meeting of the new year on Jan 11, 2011 at 7pm at the check station in St. Charles. I'm sure discussion will include a recap of the season...what went well, what didn't. There has been some discussion about the change in the configuration of the North Prior road field that was new this past season (east to west strips instead of north to south). It was an experiment that was suggested by some SRSGA hunters. I have my own opinions of whether it helped or hurt the hunting there this season, but I'm looking for thoughts from other hunters so I can bring them up at the meeting. Let me know your thoughts if you have them.

BY THE WAY, you don't need to be a member to attend the regular SFCHA meetings. All interested parties are invited.

·
Registered
1,387 Posts
I think it would be interesting to see individual zone data for zones 55-60 and compare that to previous years. I would like to see the percentage of birds harvested per zone, to see which configuration had quality hunting for the maximum amount of zones. Hard to base it off of just one year.

·
Registered
13,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
just bumping this back to the top. Our first SFCHA meeting of the year is tonight (7pm at the check station in St. Charles for those who may want to attend), and obviously there's lots of time yet to decide on planting configuration for this year, but I'd like more input than 13 people.

·
Registered
11,636 Posts
talked it over with few people. one of the problems this year was north prior never got "hot" like in past years. Now this could be attributed to field config or it coulda been just a bad year (my opinion).

all that i talked to agreed that seeing it 1 or 2 more years before making a judgement

·
Registered
892 Posts
I don't really have a good reason, as to why I didn't like last season's config in N. Prior...but I just like it better the other way. It could just be that I don't like change? :dizzy: I guess it's worth another year or two of trial, like somebody said.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts