Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have a favorite squirrel call? What works for you?

For years I've used a black rubber bellows type, but I've lost it over the summer.

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Ive been meaning to get one like that, but up until now I always used 2 quarters and cupped one in my left hand and tapped it with the quarter in my right. Seems to work pretty well. But as years go by Im finding it harder to hold them with out dropping them. Sure is a lotta loose change in them woods.

·
Registered
820 Posts
you know squirrel calls never worked for me i would go out try to call alot of diffrent ways but they never came to it of barked back so i could go to them

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have found I have better luck with my squirrel call on private lands than on public. When hunting on private lands I can sit there and keep calling em in and they start barking at me. That is how I know they are there. However on public I haven't been able to get any of the squirrels to come or even pay attention to the call. Anyone else seem to be having this same reaction?

Robert

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Its getting to the point where I better get some 1/2 dollars!

·
Registered
820 Posts
lol i think i will follow PITBULL around and make some money 1/2 dollars man cant beat that
geting payed to hunt has allways been a dream of mine
;)

·
Registered
3,513 Posts
Most of the squirrels that I have taken while calling will sound off for a bit If they dont show up with in 5-10 minuits Ill still hunt closer while calling to get them to sound off, as long as they continue to call back you can get a good fix on their position and get in close enough for a good shot.

·
Registered
379 Posts
I use a Mr. Squirrel call. Makes a high pitched whislte, like a distress call. Shake a small sapling when you call. Drives them nuts, barking, even had some run down the tree make their way to me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts