Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My arrow rest and arrows have been quiet all summer. Then I went out and shot before dark this evening and noticed my arrows skipping and squeaking a bit as I drew back. I noticed that the arrows were a little tacky due to the dew and cooling temps of evening. Anyone have any tips? I was thinking maybe some powder on my arrows so they slide smoother.

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
Clean the rest with rubbing alcohol. Then put a piece of felt on the rest. The archery felt has a taped backing. Cut it to size. I have been doing this for years on my recurve and compound bows. You will never have a noise.

·
Registered
1,585 Posts
Furniture polish. ie Pledge on your arrows. Car wax would probably work too. Very light coating. then wiped and buffed off.

·
Registered
627 Posts
I use felt on my rest and it seems to work. I have been shooting at dusk most of September and haven't had any squeakiness.

·
Registered
1,067 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the tips. I have felt on the rest it just seemed that the arrows were tacky and actually skipping across it that night. Must have just been ideal weather conditions that night. I did wax up my arrows and noticed they were slicker after that.

·
Registered
932 Posts
If it happens again, try wiping your finger down your nose. You will have an oil that will wipe on your rest that will cure the problem;) I used to do this when I had a 2 prong rest, while on stand. Yes I take showers before every hunt but it is a natural thing that develops on your nose/cheek.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
If it happens again, try wiping your finger down your nose. You will have an oil that will wipe on your rest that will cure the problem;) I used to do this when I had a 2 prong rest, while on stand. Yes I take showers before every hunt but it is a natural thing that develops on your nose/cheek.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire
This also works good from removing too much head from your beer after pouring it, hahah

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Clean the rest with rubbing alcohol. Then put a piece of felt on the rest. The archery felt has a taped backing. Cut it to size. I have been doing this for years on my recurve and compound bows. You will never have a noise.
I used to do this every year when i used the 2 prong rests. worked good.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Thanks for the tips. I have felt on the rest it just seemed that the arrows were tacky and actually skipping across it that night. Must have just been ideal weather conditions that night. I did wax up my arrows and noticed they were slicker after that.
Now shoot your bow some and make sure the slicker arrows dont hit a little higher.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts