Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is the our spot for all things turkey for the 2021 season. It was a rough year last year so the only way to go is up! 2021 team members are...
Wallis (captain
Thegospelisgood
D_rek
Outdoorsaddict99
Toppm
GanderClub

I put myself down as the captain, but have no qualms if someone else would want the title.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
One week away! It should be a good one! Lots of longbeards, 28 toms so far I counted this morning on different spots. They were vocal this morning on the roost around here today.

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Toms certainly have busted up at one spot in Hillsdale I've been watching. I will be hunting near Huron River/MetroPark this coming Saturday - then down to Kentucky for the week - and back at it on the 22-25th. That's the plan anyway.

Reactions: MISTURN3 and Wallis

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Present. I got a tag for April 24-May 7. Hoping to pattern birds and seal the deal quickly. Lost access to more property this year unfortunately, but still have access to a couple that produce.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well COVID is still throwing the screws to me. My wife got mandated to work all weekend 7a-7p because of staffing and COVID issues. That means I’m on dad duty with our 8 month old. This will be the first turkey opener I’ve missed in 24 years. Pretty bummed to say the least. Luckily with ZZ I will have some time to chase them, but it’s still like Christmas got moved for me two days before it’s here. Oh well I missed a couple duck openers and survived so I guess I’ll make it. Lol

·
Registered
2,489 Posts
Well COVID is still throwing the screws to me. My wife got mandated to work all weekend 7a-7p because of staffing and COVID issues. That means I’m on dad duty with our 8 month old. This will be the first turkey opener I’ve missed in 24 years. Pretty bummed to say the least. Luckily with ZZ I will have some time to chase them, but it’s still like Christmas got moved for me two days before it’s here. Oh well I missed a couple duck openers and survived so I guess I’ll make it. Lol
Bummer - know how that goes with the COVID interfering with Turkey Season.

Reactions: Wallis

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
Good luck fellas. Hope things go well. I’ll be keeping an eye out. 3rd for me as usual and as it stands now may not even get out until mid may. Part of the reason I bowed out. Di Looking forward to seeing the pics and scores. Stay healthy!

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Any one have any luck? Me and my boy cruised around and saw a bunch yesterday. My buddies around here did good yesterday but they said they were tight lipped this morning. I saw about a half dozen heading to church this morning. They were all lone toms. I’ll be out in the morning!

·
Registered
5,350 Posts

·
Registered
1,130 Posts
I took a buddy out yesterday and got him his 1st bird. 10 inch beard. We sat in one spot, moved to a pop up blind and he walked into the decoys and gobbled before even called.
I conversed with a Tom last night for close to an hour but he never crossed the ditch behind me.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
I spent some time getting all my gear ready for this weekend. Put the Turkey choke on the 870, went through my shell collection, organized, cleaned, and tuned up my calls, and dusted off my sorry looking dekes. I’m as ready as I’ll ever be. Just hope some birds are around to play ball!

Been a bit disconcerting on my local properties. Seeing very few birds around and not hearing much in the AM. Not sure where they’ve disappeared to but usually by this time we’re seeing them all hours of the day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

1 - 20 of 57 Posts