Michigan-Sportsman.com banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,986 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
a buddy at archery league last night told me he got one,( actually 2), AND IS GOING TO SHOW ME IT NEXT WEEK. hE WAS SURPRISED WHEN i SAID i HAD NOT HEARD OF THEM, (caps opps). do any of you have one and how do you like it?

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Springfield fell out of favor with many in the gun community. Do a youtube search on Springfield and you will understand why. Nice gun, but I won't buy Springfield ever because of what they did. A nice gun that is very similar is the Sig P365.

·
Premium Member
5,659 Posts
Springfield fell out of favor with many in the gun community. Do a youtube search on Springfield and you will understand why.
I just did an admittedly cursory search of Springfield pistol you tube videos. They all seemed to be pretty positive. So to save many of us from wading through more and more of same how about a link or why Springfield "...fell out of favor...". For what it's worth I've never owned a Springfield pistol and it's highly unlikely I ever will, so I don't have a dog in this hunt in a manner of speaking.Thanks in advance.

9mm Hi-Power

Reactions: Cat Power

·
Registered
631 Posts
As far as the Hellcat goes, its a small framed pistol with 11+1 round capacity. Compared to a Shield which is 8+1 with the extended mag, if I remember correctly. And I have never heard of anyone saying they wanted less rounds in a gun fight. Someday something like that will be one my shopping list, whether is a Springfield, Sig, Canik or something else time will tell.

As far at the controversy, basically and someone can correct me if I am wrong, is that Springfield and Rock Island Armory both supported a bill in Illinois that adds another level of complexity to being a FFL. Again that is my interpretation of what happened, it was a few years ago so there is plenty of reading material out there on it.

https://gunstoday.com/why-is-everyone-boycotting-springfield-armory/

·
Registered
205 Posts
wife picked one up a couple weeks ago, I haven't shot it yet, but she's been doing pretty good with it. no hiccups after 3 boxes of shells, 13rd mag fits her better than the 11.

·
Registered
770 Posts
As far as the Hellcat goes, its a small framed pistol with 11+1 round capacity. Compared to a Shield which is 8+1 with the extended mag, if I remember correctly. And I have never heard of anyone saying they wanted less rounds in a gun fight. Someday something like that will be one my shopping list, whether is a Springfield, Sig, Canik or something else time will tell.

As far at the controversy, basically and someone can correct me if I am wrong, is that Springfield and Rock Island Armory both supported a bill in Illinois that adds another level of complexity to being a FFL. Again that is my interpretation of what happened, it was a few years ago so there is plenty of reading material out there on it.

https://gunstoday.com/why-is-everyone-boycotting-springfield-armory/
I think you are correct from what I remember. I never thought of what they did truly anti 2nd . Extremely selfish for sure and I guess an infringement on other FFL’s .

Hellcat is interesting but I’ll stick with my proven g26 as I see no need for anything smaller. The hellcat will have to prove itself before I would consider one. Look at what sig went through with the p365 and I remember seeing a broken striker on a hellcat on YouTube. No idea if it’s an actual problem as I haven’t followed up on reviews of this pistol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,725 Posts
I just bought a hellcat over the weekend and gave it a go on sunday. I like the gun, it feels really good in the hand. The sites are easy on the eyes. I shoot it better than my G43, but I like the trigger on the glock a little better. Maybe it's just a comfort thing since I have ran a ton through the glock.

·
Registered
2,777 Posts
Just had something pop-up on an email about em. The next click didnt work so I dont know only what has been posted. I have one small Springfield..

·
Registered
205 Posts
I ran a couple boxes of the cheap Remmy stuff thru the wifes gun, really really like the sights, could consistently hit the 6" plate at 15yds with not much effort. Hasn't had a hiccup yet. Eventually will put a RMR on it and wring it out.

·
Registered
3,020 Posts
Here is a review of the Hellcat from a source I trust. I'm not particularly interested in the pistol, but he seems to think highly of it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well I just picked one up today at Cabela's. They had it on sale for $499. None in the case, and inventory showed -8 the employee said. However he managed to locate one in the back. I really like the feel of it. I am sure I will enjoy shooting it over my Desert Eagle .50ae. Bought that hand cannon 24 years ago. Being young and wanting POWER!!! Now it pretty much collects dust. Just not too practical in my life.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Registered
180 Posts
"shoot it better than my G43, but I like the trigger on the glock a little better"

Wow the trigger must suck. I have a G43 with a tuned trigger and it is not good compared to my stock P365. Haven't shot a Springfield yet but sure glad I Bought the Sig.

Sent from my LML211BL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app

·
Super Moderator
37,497 Posts
"shoot it better than my G43, but I like the trigger on the glock a little better"

Wow the trigger must suck. I have a G43 with a tuned trigger and it is not good compared to my stock P365. Haven't shot a Springfield yet but sure glad I Bought the Sig.

Sent from my LML211BL using Michigan Sportsman mobile app
Never met a Springfield with a poor trigger. Hate ALL Glock triggers, they remind me of a toy spring dart gun. All a matter of personal opinion.

Reactions: zimmzala
1 - 14 of 14 Posts