Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 20 of 116 Posts

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, let the swapping begin for 2004. It's time for us fly-tyers to start thinking spring. The spring run is but a couple monthes from beginning. Anybody intrested in a swap yet? 12 tyers, to have ther flies in by sometime around the middle of March (due date TBD as we get closer). Sound good?

Only stipulation I'd like to add is to descourage the entery of egg patterns, unless you have something truely new and/or earth-shattering to share. Who's in?

Al

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
.....And so it begins. Thanks OSD, I somehow figured I could count on you. Let us know what you'll be tying once you decide. Who's next?

The line-up:

1.) OSD-TBD
2.)
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)

Al

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Cool! Thnks Dan. I'm sure with the luck you've had lately anything you touch will catch fish. Just let us know when you settle on something. That's two, we're doing good so far.

The line-up:

1.) OSD-TBD
2.) stelmon-TBD
3.)
4.)
5.)
6.)
7.)
8.)
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)

Al

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm in. I'll be tying Jeff's Pheasant Tail Cruiser Nymph.
As long as we get the dirty dozen signed up soon, it shouldn't take long to tie the flies up. Would it makes sense to push up the due date to early March? May want to hit the river with the samples mid-March, weather permitting. Just wondering ......

·
Premium Member
9,775 Posts
Owwww, Owwww. Let go of my arm. I'm in. Probably something wet since that is my obsession right now.

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
Im in with a green caddis out of that new material Bear is importing if that is ok. Riverman

·
Registered
3,612 Posts
A dozen of these sure would be nice!!!!! Dont be shy Ralf.

[/IMG]

·
Super Moderator
20,007 Posts
Kirk, I wish I could. I'm in 2 swaps right now.

If I get one of them done and there's still room for me Tuesday, I might join in.

I can always just tie you couple :)
BTW, a few of us are heading for Tippy the 1st and 2nd.

·
Registered
1,074 Posts
hey, count me in too. i'll be home on leave for 3 weeks from fort mc coy, wisc. in feb. sure would like to get in on this trade of flys. it'll be slow tying for me as i'll be recovering from some shoulder surgery. so if i cant fish i might as well tie flys.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
WOW!! You guys are awesome! I can tell this is gonna be a good one already. Just keep me posted on the patterns when you guys narrow things down. Thanks fellas.

The line-up:

1.) OSD-TBD
2.) stelmon-TBD
3.) cruncher-Jeff's Pheasant Tail Cruiser Nymph
4.) gunrod-TBD
5.) riverman-green caddis
6.) Lunker-TBD
7.) Shoeman-TBD
8.) steelslam-TBD
9.)
10.)
11.)
12.)

Al

·
Registered
299 Posts
I'm in don't know what to tie yet though.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
It keeps getting better. With the caliber of tyers listed here already, I'm sure this is gonna' be a very nice group of flies. Thank's jfink amd Sawcat. Two slots left to whoever's interested. I don't think they're gonn' last much longer so get in quick.

The line-up:

1.) OSD-TBD
2.) stelmon-TBD
3.) cruncher-Jeff's Pheasant Tail Cruiser Nymph
4.) gunrod-TBD
5.) riverman-green caddis
6.) Lunker-TBD
7.) Shoeman-TBD
8.) steelslam-TBD
9.) jfink-TBD
10.) Sawcat-Schmidts Hex Nymph
11.)