Michigan Sportsman Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
I have been fishing the south end of the lake for a lot of years and have found out that if the south end freezes over-the fishing is better in the spring. With cold water-you can fish this area longer-well into July.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I sure hope we have a better spring than we did last year. I t is nice to go up the lake a short distance and get into salmon. Several years ago I found out that fishing Manistee was much better than Lake Huron. The problem is that it is a 41/2 hour trip from here,plus the west winds. You may go there and spend your time on the beach. I chartered for 18 years both here and Manistee and had a lot more repete customers in Manistee than I ever did here. My best day in Lake Huron was 3 years ago on the 4th. of July fishing out of Sanilac. We couldn't keep the fish off the lines. We kept going in and calling buddies to come up and fish. It was one of those day's that you dream about. I don't know that I ever had a better day in Manistee, When this lake is hot it's hot!!!!!!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.