Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking to invest in a new, larger sprayer for my plots. Most likely I will be either buying or building a 150-200gal model in either a 3pt mount or a tow behind configuration.

The question I have is does anyone have any experiece with these newer boomless sprayers? As much as I would like to avoid the hassle of opening and closing a boom and worring abount bending it on every tree I pass, Im not convinced that these things are accurate enough for post-emergent spraying RR crops, especially on windy days.

Any feedback is appreciated

·
Say My Name.
14,731 Posts
I went boomless four years ago, and would not go back. Booms are a pain in theass. I've had no negative performance issues. I do use a drift retardant.

My current setup with two boomless nozzles does an honest 30 foot swath.

·
Registered
366 Posts
ThumbBum said:
Im looking to invest in a new, larger sprayer for my plots. Most likely I will be either buying or building a 150-200gal model in either a 3pt mount or a tow behind configuration.
Then you want a boom for the accuracy, minimal drift, and efficiency. JMHO

·
Registered
1,626 Posts
We went boomless with our last purchase as well. We weren't entirely sold on it either, but so far it has been working out well. Check out this site below. They make about the best quality and most reliable boomless sprayers on the market, I'm sure FL and Spinner will vouch for that as well.

http://www.warnechemical.com/

·
Registered
23 Posts
I think boomless works just fine. If you want a large sprayer however to go with a 3pt then a boom will allow you to spray much taller corn than a boomless.

·
Registered
13,297 Posts
Boomless is the way to go. Friends I know that have them swear by them, well maybe at them at times............:lol:

·
Registered
23 Posts
One other thing I should add, I think boomless works better on windy days because the droplets are larger and heavier which makes them less prone to drift. Coverage might not be quite as good with boomless but it is sufficient and you could always just go with more water per acre to increase coverage.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts