Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am getting a Redfield Rampage 20-60x80, it weighs in at 43oz, and I'll be using it to spot deer movement from a few hundred yards off OR more.

I know the tripod blows that comes with it, as several reviews have stated so, but I wouldn't use it for my field use anyways. So, I'm looking for a tripod I could use for the field. It is a angled spotting scope.

I don't want to spend much more then $100, maybe a touch more. NOT even sure there is anything out there in that price range worth a hoot!

If there is a mid sized tripod that could be used for both bench and field use, then that is my dream! I don't imagine that exists either!

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
I am getting a Redfield Rampage 20-60x80, it weighs in at 43oz, and I'll be using it to spot deer movement from a few hundred yards off OR more.

I know the tripod blows that comes with it, as several reviews have stated so, but I wouldn't use it for my field use anyways. So, I'm looking for a tripod I could use for the field. It is a angled spotting scope.

I don't want to spend much more then $100, maybe a touch more. NOT even sure there is anything out there in that price range worth a hoot!

If there is a mid sized tripod that could be used for both bench and field use, then that is my dream! I don't imagine that exists either!
Go to bhphotovideo.com. They will have exactly what you want in your price range.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is where I'm buying the Scope! I have looked & didn't see what I think I need.

Go to bhphotovideo.com. They will have exactly what you want in your price range.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
That is where I'm buying the Scope! I have looked & didn't see what I think I need.
What do you think you really need, kevin? I looked a few minutes ago and there are tons of tripods in your price range. You can get a nice stable platform for your Redfield.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's just it, I don't know what is best in that price range. I'm a photographer, and I know all about tripods. Ironically just sold my sweet Gitzo! You don't always get what you pay for on either end of the spectrum, thus the thread asking for suggestions from those that have experience in this price range.

·
Registered
6,892 Posts
That's just it, I don't know what is best in that price range. I'm a photographer, and I know all about tripods. Ironically just sold my sweet Gitzo! You don't always get what you pay for on either end of the spectrum, thus the thread asking for suggestions from those that have experience in this price range.
I am also a shutterbug. I use Manfrotto exclusively. I would think anything by them would suit you.

·
Registered
36,028 Posts
Check Craigslist for a Manfrotto tripod you can save a bundle if you are willing to buy used and drive a bit. Look under photography.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Manfrotto...yep, good stuff. Craigs, headed there too!

·
Registered
2,250 Posts
not to steer you from this awesome site but the rokslide forum has tons of good advice from people that use spotters and tripods for hunting out west. You can't go wrong with Monfratto or Outdoorsman. I have a vanguard Alta AO233 that is pretty good.

·
Registered
1,383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
what's your forum name on the rokslide forum, they are asking if I was referred on registration. NOT sur if you get credit somehow!??

not to steer you from this awesome site but the rokslide forum has tons of good advice from people that use spotters and tripods for hunting out west. You can't go wrong with Monfratto or Outdoorsman. I have a vanguard Alta AO233 that is pretty good.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts