Michigan Sportsman Forum banner

Sportsmen's Direct Selfridge NOW OPEN!!!!

12K views 49 replies 29 participants last post by  Guy63 
#1 · (Edited)
Sportsmen’s Direct is proud to announce it's 2nd location and the re-opening of one of Lake St. Clair’s oldest tackle store locations. Our new Selfridge location is now open and stocking emerald shiners, spikes, waxies and more.

Just in time for dock season!

45200 Jefferson Ave, Chesterfield MI - open 7 days a week!
Building Sky Road surface Land lot Asphalt

See less See more
#2 ·
Sportsmen’s Direct is proud to announce it's 2nd location and the re-opening of one of Lake St. Clair’s oldest tackle store locations. Our new Selfridge location is now open and stocking emerald shiners, spikes, waxies and more.

Just in time for dock season!

45200 Jefferson Ave, Chesterfield MI - open 7 days a week!
View attachment 277790
Congrats John. You have the west side of the lake covered now!

#19 ·
Musta seen at least 15 guys at Anglers on the last warm weekend of the month a few weeks back. No one brooming them away, so I'd say "yeah" the docks must be open for the shore guys.

#14 ·
Gonna be interesting. SDI, Angler's Point and Cabela's all within about a mile of each other. Definitely give SDI and Angler's the edge on bait needs in the area, but C's on tackle, etc. selection and other stuff. We'll just have to wait and see how the future pans out..........everybody has their preferences, so pricing and customer satisfaction will be paramount, IMHO. Good Luck to all!:)

#16 ·
Gonna be interesting. SDI, Angler's Point and Cabela's all within about a mile of each other. Definitely give SDI and Angler's the edge on bait needs in the area, but C's on tackle, etc. selection and other stuff. We'll just have to wait and see how the future pans out..........everybody has their preferences, so pricing and customer satisfaction will be paramount, IMHO. Good Luck to all!:)
I went into that Cabelas for the first time this past weekend & I wasn't impressed. They had far less tackle, rods, & reels then the one in Dundee.

#17 ·
I agree, but that's only because the Chesterfield store is about a third the size of the Dundee one. They still have more rods, reels and fishing tackle in general than SDI and Anglers combined. What I like about places like Anglers & SDI is they'll carry more tackle that is specific to the SCR, DR and LSC. Bait is a no-brainer.........SDI & Anglers hands down. I really used to like Lakeside at 10 & Jefferson especially when Larry Sawicki owned it, but they've really gone downhill the last few years, both in what they carry and in any customer service.

#28 ·
I use to go to Lakeside all the time in the 70 and 80's and they were always Top Notch. Moved away for a few years and that is sad to hear now how much Lakeside has gone down. Will have to take a ride out there since I'm back in Waterford Mich now and check it out. Tight Lines. Good Luck.

#29 ·
Good luck I always said a bait shop is a tough one. If you have great emeralds awesome. But if you only get 13 in a dozen peeps won’t come in there to buy em. That Master Bait gas station in algonac gives ya 75-100 minnows per scoop, but usually not emeralds. And Cabelas and bass pro are total ****. Get the minnow count up and you’ll have way more custos.

#43 ·
I haven't actively shopped at a tackle shop in quite some time. I have gone to kill time while my wife was shopping elsewhere, but that was it. I usually just chat with the employees and play around with the display reels. They really don't have much of anything I need or want, so I just like to go jaw with the employees.

#48 ·
It will take me about 5 more years at the rate I am going to use all the jigheads I bought from Gander, and I only bought $20-25 worth of stuff when I stopped in every Saturday AM till they closed for good. #1 thing I regret not buying was a boat cover, one day I had 4 or 5 of them picked out I was going to buy just to resell they were marked down so much, 90% was it ? One of the last things I bought was 4 cheapy 7' med spinning rods, that I gave to people or kids that I knew, if I remember right they were well under $20 for all of them.

#50 · (Edited)
Got a bunch of camper stuff their dirt cheap. Toilet, pumps, lights and more. But gander in 1997ish was great. Back almost 30 years ago Selfridge Sport and Tackle was badazz. The latest hunting and fishing stuff. I used to count spikes, wax worms and mouseies and load them in the containers for a nickel a piece. All these chain stores do now is sell clothes.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.